Skip to main content

~**~ Review Tour for Filthy Gods (American Gods #0.5) by R. Scarlett ~**~



Prelude in the American Gods series.

Young. Wealthy. Elite. Attractive. The gentlemen’s secret society at Yale was filled with them.

And Nathaniel Radcliffe, the bane of my existence, was one of them.

As the right hand of the American Gods, he was conceited and arrogant. A dangerously handsome man in a tailored custom suit and shiny black oxford loafers.

The classroom was our battlefield. We made a sport out of arguing and debating, ready to do anything in order to win over the other.

Deadly opponents, deadlier minds.

I'd sworn I'd never give him the upper hand, until...

The secret I’ve been hiding for the last three years?

He just discovered it…and now he has all the power.



Release Date: May 15th, 2018
Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * CA



***5 ‘Semper Fidelis’ Stars**


Hot. Hot. Hot. Not that I expected any less considering the title is Filthy Gods, because if it wasn’t panty destroying then I’d have been extremely disappointed. But it was more than that. It had heart, humor and I didn’t want it to end.

Nathaniel is deliciously filthy with his words and actions, the man is sex on a stick in every way imaginable, but what makes him lethal is his heart and when that is unleashed all bets are off. Juliette has had one goal in mind since first stepping onto her college campus and she is determined to make it happen. Intelligent, witty and with an inner fire that burns brighter than she realizes, Juliette would definitely be a woman I’d want to be friends with if given the chance.

Their enemies to lovers journey was all kinds of filthy, smexy deliciousness, but it also had a lot of heart. To watch Nathaniel and Juliette become more to each was a lot of fun. Simply put they fit perfectly together.

This is my first read by the author and I want more of her words. The writing was engaging and I was sucked in from the very first page. The pacing was good and I really enjoyed the 1st person POV. Novellas can be tricky, especially when introducing a new series, but Ms. Scarlett did a great job with it. The romance was well done and I didn’t feel like it was missing anything and I got a nice little intro to the American Gods, all of whom I need to know more about, especially one in particular. So, while I wish the next book was already available, I will do my best to wait patiently for it, because the need is real!

~ Copy provided via Social Butterfly PR & voluntarily reviewed ~



R. Scarlett lives in a small quaint town in Southern Ontario, Canada and has an unhealthy obsession with mythology and romance.


From studying English literature and minoring in History, she loves losing herself in a good book and snuggling up to her Brittany Spaniel.


When she's not writing or plotting a delicious novel, she can be found hanging out with friends and family, going on long car rides, exploring small towns, or watching reruns of Sex and the City.

Comments