Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Puppy Love (Forever Home #1) by Lucy Gilmore ~**~


***4 ‘Bubbles’ Stars***

The cover made me curious, but it was the blurb that hooked me and I have to say this really was a cute read that kept me smiling all the way through until the end.

I loved Harrison and Sophie. Harrison is something of an enigma. He is a grump and wants to be left alone ~ which means he tends to give very short and to the point answers ~ but he also does this verbal vomit thing that ends up getting him in trouble. But regardless of the walls he’s built around him, the man has a good heart and a softer center than many would ever believe.

Sophie was a lot of fun. Bright, sassy, snarky and playful. She’s had it rough, but hasn’t let that stop her from living. I loved her determination and how she saw outside the box and followed her gut, even when others doubted her.

Sophie and Harrison’s journey to their HEA was unexpected and yet highly enjoyable. I’d love to go into the particulars, but then it would ruin the uniqueness of their journey, but what I can say is that they simply flowed well together. They saw each other a lot more clearly than most around them and it worked in their favor. I loved their bantering and the chemistry between them was undeniable. And then there is Bubbles, who was simply adorable, and I loved the role she played in their journey. The bump in the road wasn’t unexpected, and I had to shake my head when it happened, but I loved how everything turned out for them in the end.

This was a fun debut read. It was engaging and though the pacing did slow down for me at times, it still kept me turning the pages to see what would happen next. And as for the supporting cast of characters. They were all well written and unique and I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what men will get under Dawn and Lila’s skins and the dogs that will help them do it!

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~


A brand new series from debut author Lucy Gilmore, featuring service puppies who might just be matchmakers in the making...

Sophie Vasquez runs Puppy Promise, a service puppy training organization. Sophie's always been treated as the frail baby of the family—a thing she hates but doesn't know how to change. Until, that is, she meets her newest client.

Harrison Parks is a wildfire firefighter who isn't allowed back in the field unless he finds a service dog. Reluctantly, he agrees, never expecting to be assigned a skittish Pomeranian and the equally skittish woman who's supposed to wrangle them both into order. As it turns out, they all have something to prove…and more than enough room in their hearts for a little puppy love.

Release Date: May 28th, 2019

Comments