Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky #2) by Meghan Quinn ~**~


***4 Stars***

After reading That Second Chance, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the rest of the books in the series, so I was all kinds of excited to dive into this baby and in the end, I ended up loving Rogan and Harper, but lemme tell you...If it hadn’t been for the Knightly clan, I may have had to toss this baby into the freezer. The frustration was soooo real...but thankfully that lightbulb moment happened and from then on, I couldn’t put the book down and was very happy with where Rogan and Harper ended up.

Rogan. This man. I hurt for him. I wanted to take 2x4 to his head and knock some sense into him but I also ended up falling in love with him once the walls he’d built up came tumbling down and the sweet man with a good heart underneath it all finally came out to play.  I really liked Harper. She’s sweet, sassy and isn’t afraid to speak her mind. She’s at a crossroads of sorts and I loved how honest she was through it all and how she came out stronger on the other side.

Harper and Rogan’s journey was a lesson in frustration because it was so easy to see how good they were together. I couldn’t fault either of them for what had gone down when they broke up, it was just a horrible time all around, but I will admit I tended to be  #teamharper when it came to all that was, and wasn’t happening, in their present. Thankfully they get the nudges they needed, thanks the Knightly clan as well as all the inhabitants of Port Snow, and I loved how they put the past to rest so they could have a future.

This was another fun read in the Getting Lucky series. Yes, this one kicked the frustration level up a notch, and at times dragged a bit for me, but it was tempered by the meddling and crazyness of the Knightly clan and with that said, I cannot wait to get my hands on the next one because if that little moment was any indication, it looks like the next Knightly brother will definitely be knocked on his ass...hard.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~


There are two little words every small-town man dreads:

She’s back.

Harper Sanders, the girl who was supposed to be my forever, has returned to Port Snow, Maine, for good—and she’s bringing back memories of our shared past.

We once had a bright future together, but when tragedy struck, I threw it all away and pushed her out of my life. People in our small town think I’m cursed, but I know better. I did it all to myself.

And now she’s creating a life of her own in the place where we first fell in love. I can’t fight my feelings for her—or the strong attraction that keeps pulling us together. But after all this time, can she forgive the past and fall in love with me all over again?

Everyone hopes to find that forever girl…I just hope I haven’t lost mine for good.

Release Date: August 27th, 2019

That Second Chance (Getting Lucky #1)
Release Date: May 7th, 2019

Two Wedding Crashers

Release Date: March 11th, 2018

USA Today Best Selling Author, wife, adoptive mother, and peanut butter lover. Will dance for laughs, won’t eat anything spicy because you asked, but will squeeze boobs in replace of a hug. Grew up in Southern California (Temecula, anyone? Anyone?) lived in New York (the armpit of NY, not the city) and now resides in Colorado with my wife, our son, two dogs, two cats, and my multiple book boyfriends. Loves love, anything romantic, and will die if I ever meet Tom Hanks. Yay, books!

Comments