Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Dear Ava by Ilsa Madden Mills ~**~

***5 Stars***

After reading the, what we will now call, “The Teaser” version of Dear Ava in the Team Player 2 anthology (Not available anymore) I NEEDED more. I need more of Ava, her friends, her enemies, her frenemies...everyone!

ALL. OF. IT.

So to say I was squealing like a teenager who has just seen one of their idols for the first time in the flesh is an understatement (Though, please note it was all done in my head...but still) and Ms. Madden Mills abso-fucking-lutely delivered! I laughed, I growled, I got all kinds of swoony and twitterpatted and everything in between and I wasn’t a happy camper when there were no more words to read.

I ADORED Ava. This girl went through something horrific and yet came out swinging. Seeing her put on her shitkickers and take hold of her future, knowing how hard it would end up being emotionally and mentally, was all kinds of awesome. I loved her snark, how she held her own against all odds and her heart is truly golden. And Knox...this guy, I adored him. Talk about complex. He is so much more than he appears to be and getting to peel back the layers and seeing just how genuine, though bruised, his soul truly was all kinds of wonderful.

This was a great read, definitely one of my top reads by the author. From handling what happened to Ava with a gentle, yet realist touch, and figuring out who raped her, to watching as all the characters in the story evolved in one way or another ~ I think she did an amazing job with it all.  As for the supporting cast of characters. I ADORED Wyatt, Piper and Tyler. These three were so well written and really brought out the spark in Ava. And as for the Sharks? Well, this is definitely a mixed bag, and since I don’t want to give anything away, I will say that there were a couple I wouldn’t mind seeing more of in the future.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


The rich and popular Sharks rule at prestigious, ivy-covered Camden Prep. Once upon a time, I wanted to be part of their world—until one of them destroyed me.

The last thing I expected was an anonymous love letter from one of them.

Please. I hate every one of those rich jerks for what they did to me. The question is, which Shark is my secret admirer: Knox, the scarred quarterback, Dane, his twin brother, or Chance, the ex who dumped me...

Dear Ava,
Your eyes are the color of the Caribbean Sea.
That’s stupid.
What I really mean is, you look at me and I feel something REAL.
It’s been ten months since you were here, but I can’t forget you.
I’ve missed seeing you walk down the hall.
I’ve missed you cheering at my football games.
I’ve missed the smell of your hair.
Don’t hate me because I’m a Shark.
I just want to make you mine.
Still.

Dark high school romance. Recommended for 18+. Not part of any other series.

Release Date: February 2nd, 2020

Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today best-selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills is best known for her angsty new adult romances and romantic comedies.

Eight of her eleven novels have placed in the Amazon Top 10 Best-seller List: Dirty English #1; Fake Fiancée and I Dare You #2; I Bet You, Filthy English, and Very Bad Things #6; Boyfriend Bargain #8; The Last Guy, her collaboration with Tia Louise, #4.

A former high school English teacher, she adores all things Pride and Prejudice, and of course, Mr. Darcy is her ultimate hero.

She's addicted to frothy coffee beverages, cheesy magnets, and any book featuring unicorns and sword-wielding females. Feel free to stalk her online.

Comments