Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Sweet Little Lies (Dirty Little Lies Duet #2) by J.D. Hollyfield ~**~


***4 Stars***

After reading the epilogue in Bad Daddy, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Sweet Little Lies and see how Hazel and Gabe got to where they were in the epilogue, but also to see just how they’d end up getting their HEA, and I gotta say it was quite the ride ~ not in a bad way, but boy did things get a bit cray cray in this baby. 

But as for Hazel and Gabe. I already liked Hazel going in ~ sweet, sassy and simply a good person. And while she is your typical 18 year old transitioning from teenager to a new adult, she’s not as blind to the real world as some of her peers may be because of how she grew up. Gabe, well, I’m a bit waffly about him. He’s all kinds of AF dom male ~ OMG total AF dom male ~ and he does have a good heart, but there were moments where I was ‘yelling’ at him to grow the F.U. and be the adult that he is. 

Their journey was all kinds of cray cray and more angsty due to how Hazel knows Gabe, but they did have a connection and I despite the obvious power imbalance between the two, I liked how Hazel stood up for herself, and did like how things worked out for them in the end.

This book is all kinds of BDSM, kink, taboo goodness and there are a few triggers in here ~ especially towards the end, so reader beware. 

Also, if you haven’t read Bad Daddy, you probably should since there are events that happen in that book that play out in this one and I do think that it will spoil that one for you.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

He wasn't what destiny had in store for me.

He was everything wrong in a man I was supposed to fall in love with.

He was dangerous.

His eyes told me so.

The words he tempted me with were simply sweet little lies to lure me in. And now...

I’m trapped in his web of desire and temptation.

She only had herself to blame.

Taunting the beast with the forbidden fruit.

A man can only be tempted for so long, until he takes a bite. Devours his prey.

Now she’s my pretty little toy.

And I will stop at nothing to break her. Unless…

She breaks me first. 

Release Date: December 19th, 2020

Goodreads | Amazon 


Bad Daddy


Release Date: December 7th, 2020

Goodreads | Amazon

My Review

J.D. Hollyfield is a creative designer by day and superhero by night. When she’s not cooking, event planning, or spending time with her family, she’s relaxing with her nose stuck in a book. With her love for romance, and her head full of book boyfriends, she was inspired to test her creative abilities and bring her own stories to life. Living in the Midwest, she’s currently at work on blowing the minds of readers, with the additions of her new books and series, along with her charm, humor and HEA’s.

 

J.D. Hollyfield dapples in all genres, from romantic comedy, contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, fantasy and erotica! Want to know more! Follow her on all platforms!

 

Website | Facebook | Twitter  | Instagram  | Pinterest | Goodreads  | BookBub

Comments