***4.5 ‘Tenacious’ Stars***
Sawyer Bennett’s done it again!
She gave me a book with characters I fell in love and adoration with and a romance filled with the perfect balance of heart and heat that made it damn hard to put down.
I have to be absolutely honest and say that it took me a lot longer than it should have to realize that I’d met Kyle before, twice actually in Shaken, Not Stirred & Wicked Bond, and that he was one of those side characters that had peaked my curiosity but for obvious reasons it didn’t even dawn on me that the man would get a book. So when it finally hit me it was like “No shit!. Sweet!”, and since I was already in love with the grumpy and surly man it just made it that much sweeter.
Kyle’s carrying around a lot of guilt over the horrible things he’s done, but as with most everything in life he had a reason for it all and is trying to come to terms with it all. It was hard not to love Kyle because his heart is a good one despite the darkness that surrounded it for so long. He’s as honest as he can be and is all kinds of protective alpha male.
As much as I loved Kyle I freakin’ ADORED Jane and swear that a good portion of my love of this book is because of her. She’s quirky, tenacious, genuine and just an all around good person. I loved how comfortable she was in her own skin and is truly happy with where she’s at in her life. She’s soft but has a backbone of steel and...yeah, you get it, she’s just pretty damn amazing.
I loved the way their relationship progressed. Both were determined to get their way but I loved how Jane’s sincerity and quirkiness stripped Kyle of all his good intentions to keep her at arm’s length. Their dance was a fun one and I loved seeing how they got to know each other despite Kyle’s secrets. She got to see who he was through his actions, quite a few of them unintentional, and saw the heart he was trying to hide. Now, if you’ve read anything by Sawyer Bennett you KNOW the woman can write a panty melting grab your BOB smexy as hell scene, but the one that goes down in the art studio may just be my all time favorite (I’ve re-read it a few times). FREAKIN’ HOT! And that pretty much describes the heat between them the entire time. HOT! I loved their bantering and just how they communicated, even with the secrets and though you can guess what the huge pothole in their road will be, I liked how it all worked out in the end for them.
As always the writing was engaging and no one can deny how well Ms. Bennett does dual 1st POV’s, she makes you want to be in the character’s heads and know exactly what they are thinking. My one issue is that I wish we’d had more of the whole Kyle’s past catching up with him/them. It is always simmering just beneath the surface, but I just feel like I needed a little more of it and the aftermath of the the big pothole in the road. But other than that, Finding Kyle is a wonderful read and I’m thrilled that Kyle got his much deserved HEA.
~ Copy received from the author via NetGalley ~
When you’ve done unspeakably evil things …
When your soul has become dark and stained…
The path to redemption begins where you least expect it.
Kyle Sommerville is in hiding and doesn’t want to be found by anyone. Certainly not by his quirky, free-spirited neighbor who’s managed to push her way past the walls he’s built around him. But Jane Cresson’s indomitable will and insatiable curiosity about her reclusive neighbor makes it impossible for Kyle to stay immersed in his dark world.
Little by little, she claws through his shell.
Day by day, she gets him to smile a little more.
Night by night, they both find pleasure they never knew existed.
When Kyle’s secretive past is exposed, Jane begins to think she’s in over her head. Can her love for this broken man finally clear his path to redemption, or will Kyle’s darkness finally extinguish every bit of hope she’s put into him?
Book Summary
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: January 16th, 2017
Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released more than 30 books and has been featured on both the USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists on multiple occasions.
A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult to erotic contemporary romance, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone.
Sawyer likes her Bloody Mary’s strong, her martinis dirty, and her heroes a combination of the two. When not bringing fictional romance to life, Sawyer is a chauffeur, stylist, chef, maid, and personal assistant to a very active toddler, as well as full-time servant to two adorably naughty dogs. She believes in the good of others, and that a bad day can be cured with a great work-out, cake, or a combination of the two.




Comments
Post a Comment