Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Hooked on Trouble (Over the Top #3) by Kelly Siskind ~**~





***4.5 “These two I swear…” Stars***


It feels like I’ve been waiting for FOREVER to get my hands on Raven and Nico’s book. The chemistry between them was intense and I needed to see how they’d work through their issues, and though I knew it would be an angsty read, I did because there was no way it couldn’t be, but holy hell, these two took the cake. Thankfully there was a good dose of sweet, smexy and humor to help balance it out and make Hooked on Trouble a  great read.


I’ve had a bit of a girl crush on Raven from the start due to her sassy, snarky but sweet nature and how comfortable she is in her own skin. There were moments when I did think she was a bit over the top, but nothing too crazy. But after finding out about her past and what she’s lived through, my love for her has increased. She’s lived through hell, has made some sketchy decisions, but learned from them. But she’s also built a lot of kevlar tough walls around her which keep her from getting to close to many people.


Nico. Holy. Yummyness! Talk about tall, dark, handsome and smexy as sin but then you add in a compassionate and generous heart and not only does the man melt panties, but hearts as well.
His childhood has let him to live a live where things are either black or white, right or wrong there are no gray areas in his world. He’ll go to the ends of the earth for those he calls his own, but since he sets his standards impossibly high, when anyone slips from what he deems the right path he is absolutely devastated.


As I said in the beginning, I knew Nico and Raven’s road to their HEA would be an angsty one, but dear lord these two really put me through the ringer. The chemistry between them was explosive from the beginning and I loved their bantering and witty comebacks as much as their smexy dialogue. The similarities in their upbringings helps to deepen their connection, but their trust issues and tunnel vision keeps them from taking that final step that could lead to a love of a lifetime. The ups and downs that these two went through had me wanting to reach out and smack some sense into them, but they were necessary. They both had so many issues to work through in order to truly be ready for what the other could give them that I found it hard to put down and I loved how they finally got their shit together in the end.
This series was a lot of fun to read, even when I wanted to reach out and smack some sense into them all. The characters were all well developed and I loved seeing how they grew, not only in their own books, but as the series progressed, and seeing how much stronger and settled they all were in the end. That family feel, whether by choice or blood, that I love so much was done perfectly with how involved they all were in each others lives. I’m sad that this is the last book of the series, but I’m thrilled that I got to experience the ride and see where they all ended up!


~ Copy received from the publisher via NetGalley ~




Reality bites. Hard.


The last time Raven did “real” was sixteen months ago, when she spent one unforgettable night with the tattooed, impossibly sexy Nico, and then he disappeared the next day. Since then, she’s kept her guard up and her feelings to herself. She doesn’t have time for relationship drama when she’s busy searching for her long lost sister.


Nico hasn’t stopped thinking about Raven—her sultry curves, inked skin, and the fact that he ditched her after their night together. Now that they’re living in the same city, he knows this is his chance to make things right. What better way to prove to Raven he’s for real than helping her find her sister? But when the lines between right and wrong start to blur, putting his job on the line, Nico has to decide if the risk is worth the ultimate reward.


Book Summary
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published By: Forever Yours
Release Date: January 10th, 2017
Pages: 336
Series: Over the Top #3
ISBN: 1455568007


 



A small-town girl at heart, Kelly Siskind moved from the city to open a cheese shop with her husband in Northern Ontario, Canada.  When she’s not neck deep in cheese or out hiking, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head.
She laughs at her own jokes and has been known to eat her feelings—Gummy Bears heal all.  She’s also an incurable romantic, devouring romance novels into the wee hours of the morning.



Website  *  Facebook  *  Goodreads  *  Twitter

Comments