***4 ‘Commit to possibility’ Stars***
The whole ‘man cleanse’ idea peaked my interest and the fact that the guy was more than willing to go with it in order to get the girl and needed to see how it all played out and found Worth the Wait to be a sweet, enjoyable and realistic love story about two people colliding at what looks to be at the worst time ever, but turns out to be anything but.
I loved Jeremy and Grace. Jeremy is at crossroads that he didn’t necessarily mean to put himself in and is working out what direction he actually wants to take. Jeremy is that mix of charm and sex appeal that makes him hard to ignore. His heart has been bruised and he’s closed himself off from commitment, but his sweetness and compassion have kept him from being cynical. Grace has been burned. Badly. But she is determined to take control of her life back and attain her dreams. I loved Grace’s determination to follow the man cleanse and how she held onto the hope that it would bring her the clarity that she craved. That determination wasn’t new though, she’s walked to the beat of her own drum and though she’s always felt like an outsider in her own family, it hasn’t stopped her, nor has it diminished the love she has for them.
I enjoyed watching Jeremy and Grace’s relationship evolve and grow from the first time they met to when they finally got their HEA. I loved how supportive Jeremy was of Grace’s “cleanse” and did all he could to help her achieve her goal, while making sure that she knew of his intent to be with her once the six months were up. Their bantering was fun and sweet and even though they couldn’t get down and dirty, they found ways to take the edge off the sexual tension that was growing between them. The potholes in their journey made things fun and I really liked how everything ended up in the end.
Worth the Wait is my first book by AJ Pine and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The writing was engaging and the pacing was good. And as it is my first read, I haven’t read the first books in the series, but in no way felt lost. The dual 3rd person POV was well done and the characters were all well written. If you’re looking for a fun and quick read with a good amount of heat, sweetness and just the right amount of drama to keep things interesting I’d recommend that you give this one a go.
~ Copy received from the publisher via NetGalley ~
I like to think of myself as a man of pleasure…
I enjoy a good pint of ale, being in the arms of a beautiful woman, and living by my own rules. The only thing I try to avoid? Commitment. And I’ve got a three-year success rate to prove it.
I wasn’t planning on Grace—the beautiful, funny, totally off-limits massage therapist who keeps popping up in my life. She’s on a six-month mission to rid her life of toxins. No alcohol. No red meat. And, yeah, no men. I’m talking full-on man cleanse.
I know I should walk away, but I can’t…and the only way to keep her in my life is to live by her rules. I’ll need to prove to a woman who’s lost all trust in men that I’m worthy of her love. And do it all without so much as a single kiss.
The only problem? If I win, I’ll lose the one thing I swore I’d never give up. My heart.
Book Summary
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published By: Entangled Publishing, LLC
Release Date: January 16th, 2017
Pages: 240
Series: Kingston Ale House #4
ISBN: 1633757951
AJ Pine writes stories to break readers’ hearts, but don’t worry—she’ll mend them with a happily ever after. As an English teacher and a librarian, AJ has always surrounded herself with books. All her favorites have one big commonality–romance. Naturally, the books she writes have the same. When she’s not writing, she’s of course reading. Then there’s online shopping (everything from groceries to shoes). And a tiny bit of TV where she nourishes her undying love of vampires, superheroes, and a certain high-functioning sociopath detective. You’ll also find her hanging with her family in the Chicago ‘burbs.
AJ Pine is the author of the If Only series, the Only You series, and the current Kingston Ale House series.






Comments
Post a Comment