Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Jordan Reclaimed (Preload #1) by Scarlett Cole ~**~




***4 ‘Try Me’ Stars***


Ever since meeting the Preload guys in The Purest Hook I’ve been keeping my toes crossed that they would get their own books because I needed to know more about them, their pasts and was curious as to what kind of woman could bring these broken, but beautiful souls to their knees while helping them heal. So when it was announced that not only would they be getting their own series I was thrilled and did a little squee-happy dance that Jordan would be the first one up on the chopping block and I couldn’t have been happier with his journey to his HEA.


Jordan is the bassist and main composer for Preload and while he has the world in the palm of his hand, his dark past still has a choke hold on him that he hasn’t figured out how to fully break free from. I loved Jordan. He was the one I was most curious about and dear lord did my heart hurt for what he’d been through as a child. But despite the horrors he lived through, he was like a big ‘ole smexy as hell teddy bear with a huge heart that I just wanted to hug and then take to bed.


Lexi has been groomed to be a Principal ballet dancer from birth and though she loves the art form she is starting to feel the walls start to close in on her as the pressure to be the perfect ballerina starts to grow. I loved that while Lexi appeared fragile and shy, she wasn’t. There were things that she had to roll with, but she wasn’t a doormat. She had grit, backbone and heart.


I loved how Jordan and Lexi came together because of dance and music. Through their chosen art forms they were able to communicate without words, but they did communicate ~ at times quite bluntly, well all the time when it came to Jordan ~  which I loved. As with any relationship there are twists, turns and bombs sprinkled throughout the journey, and theirs had their fair share of them because of their own demons, but I liked how they worked through them. I loved Jordan and Lexi together, their bantering, their honesty and how they fought for each other even when things weren’t looking so good.


No question that I’m a Scarlett Cole fangirl and loved this book. The writing was engaging and I loved the dual 3rd person POV’s and I loved that it was a little bit more on the sweet side of the coin, but with a good amount of heat. The only thing that I can’t shake is that I feel like I needed just a little more from it. I would have like a little more closure/expansion with Lexi’s father and even her dipping her toes into the more contemporary side of things, but that’s just me. As for the rest of the band. I loved hanging out with all of them and the whole family by choice, not blood vibe they have going on, and of course keeping up with Dred,  Pixie and Petal, who was just too adorable, but I’m not sure who’s book I really want next. Alls I know is that I want one to fall into my greedy little hands sooner rather than later!


~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley ~



Jordan Steele’s life began when he was ten. When he was taken from his parents and a house that was never a home. When he met his brothers, the other lost and abandoned boys in his group home. When he learned what friendship and family and love looked like.
Now he’s made good, touring the world with the band he and his brothers formed in that crowded group home. No one but his found family really knows the man under the fame and fortune, the scars he hides behind the rockstar lifestyle. Until he sees her through the windows of the National Ballet, dancing, and suddenly the world doesn’t seem so dark.
Aleksandra Artemov ticks all the ballet boxes. Father a legendary Kirov dancer. Check. Prepping since birth for classical ballet. Check. Compulsive control over the food she eats. Check. Principal dancer at The National Ballet of Canada. Check. But what she craves is freedom.
She craves Jordan.
Everything about him should terrify her. His size, his tattoos, his edge. But he doesn’t. He stirs her very soul. Jordan has nothing but himself to offer her, and he’s never been good enough for anyone. Can he figure out how to face his own demons before he loses his light for good?


Book Summary
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published By: St Martins Press Swerve
Release Date: February 28th, 2016
Series: Preload #1
ASIN B01M3X4F7O




Scarlett Cole is a contemporary romantic suspense / contemporary romance author (represented by Beth Phelan at The Bent Agency). Author of the Second Circle Tattoos Series. The Strongest Steel was a Best Debut Goodreads Author Finalist 2015, and Authors on the Air Global Radio Network #1 Contemporary Romance Pick for 2015.
When Scarlett isn't writing, she spends her time reading, hoarding mason jars, and working out to off-set an epic sour candy habit.
Having travelled the world for work and fun, Scarlett is a citizen of both Britain and Canada. A true city-dweller, she considers Toronto and Manchester home and likes to set her books in vibrant locations such as Miami and Los Angeles.

Comments