***4 “I Should Never Have Tapped Out” Stars***
I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Justice Ascending to see what would be coming next for the Vanguard crew and even more importantly to get an up close and personal view into Tace’s changing mind. And though there were parts that dragged a bit for me, I loved Tace and Sami’s journey and liked where things were left story arc wise in the end.
Tace has been my favorite character from the very beginning with this Texas charming and fierce loyalty to Jax and the Vanguard, that didn’t change when he started to go dark. Instead it made home more intriguing as he started to head into the sociopath route because I wanted to see what, if anything at all, would change about him. Changes did happen, it would unrealistic to assume other wise, and they made the good ‘ole boy darker in how he viewed what was going on around him but he never lost his sense of honor and loyalty to those he called his own
I do love me a fierce and tough woman and Sami fits that bill. She gives as good as she gets and yet has a softness to her that keeps her from becoming hard. I loved her sass and loyalty to the family that she has made in the Vanguard, even though she has been keeping a huge secret from them all. As for that secret. I won’t lie and say that I wasn’t irritated with her for keeping it from them since there was a possibility, even a slim one, that had she shared that certain situations could have turned out differently. But once the truth came out I couldn’t help but empathize with why she’d kept it secret.
Tace and Sami’s road was a bumpy, but fun one to their HEA. Their bantering was fun and the chemistry between them sizzling and when they finally did decide to go for it, it was explosive! I loved how Tace would start to go all over protective alpha male over Sami, but Sami would reel him back in, well as much as she could. She wasn’t a wilting flower needing protection and could hold her own, but wasn’t so stubborn that she wouldn’t take a step back when the situation called for it. What I liked most though was that with all the crazy going on around them their biggest concern was maintaining the friendship and respect they’d built between each other as lieutenants for Vanguard.
I do love me some good, in depth world and character building and Scorpius Syndrome has that in spades, even though there were times when I felt it made things drag a little and made me want to skim the pages, but that’s not something you can do with series with all the crazy going on, but all in all it was an engaging read, especially in the last few chapters. I loved hanging out with Jax, Lynne, Raze and Vinnie and seeing how their relationships are evolving as well as their various relationships with all the other characters that populate this dystopian world. I’m happy with how the story is progressing and that we got some resolution to a couple of the issues, though I’d really like to know where the h*ll is going on with the Brigade ~ are they alive? Dead? Hanging out on an island in the middle of the Pacific ocean? Inquiring minds want to know...so hopefully in the next book?? Pretty please??
~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley ~
Before surviving the Scorpius bacterium, Tace Justice was a good ole Texas cowboy who served his country and loved his mama. After Scorpius, the world became dark, dangerous, and deadly... and so did he. The Vanguard medic is stronger, faster, and smarter than before, but he's lost the line between right and wrong. His passion is absolute, and when he focuses it on one woman, there's no turning back for either of them.
Sami Steel has been fighting to survive right alongside Tace, convincing the Vanguard soldiers she's one of them. In truth, Sami is a former hacker turned government agent who worked at The Bunker, where scientists stored both contaminants and cures. Only she knows the location, and she's not telling. Yet when sexual fire explodes between her and Tace, she'll face even that hell again to save him.
Book Summary
Genre: Dystopian Romance
Published By: Kensington Zebra
Release Date: January 31st, 2017
Pages: 400
Series:Scorpius Syndrome #3
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor, and a hearing examiner - only to culminate it all in stories about Alpha males and the women who claim them. She writes dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and sexy contemporary romances.






Comments
Post a Comment