Skip to main content

~**~ Review: Embody (Full Circle #1) by S.E. Hall ~**~






***5 ‘Quantifiably. Unmistakably. Forever.’ Stars***


This book, from start to finish, was practically perfect. It’s a sweet, sassy character driven story that I couldn’t put down, with two main characters that I fell into full on adoration with and whom I may want to be when I grow up which is a tad bit to do since I’M older than they are, as well as a cast of supporting characters that I want to hang out with on a daily basis.


JT is all kinds of determined, single minded alpha male wicked sexyness with a heart of gold. He takes the whole “take charge” attitude to a whole new level and becomes more steamroller than man. But what saves him from full on asshat territory is that it’s all coming from a place of protection and love for those he calls his own.


Bellamy. This girl kicks some serious ass. She may be an almost twenty year old, but she’s got a good head on her shoulders, is a hard worker and takes the bull by the horns when necessary. She has her insecurities, like any new adult would when navigating new adult situations, but I loved how she worked through them and became stronger with each decision she made.


While things start off with the whole best friend’s older brother/younger sister’s bestie trope it doesn’t encompass the entire book and I have to say I really enjoyed how that whole situation progressed and how it was resolved. Once that all got worked out it was the JT and Bellamy show in all it’s glory, with a good dose of help from The Squad and The Crew when needed, and I loved how they navigated what was going on between them. The issues they faced were realistic and though they may be young, they handled them with a good dose of maturity ~ most of the time. Their chemistry was intense and I loved watching as they evolved individually and as a couple.


This was my first S.E. Hall read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The writing, pacing and dual first person POV’s were all done very well and I loved that these characters fell on the more adult side of New Adult. They had their moments, they are still new adults, but they weren’t totally over the top or drawn out. And then there is the crazy cast of supporting characters. I loved the Squad and how they had each other’s backs, even while driving each other crazy and I really need to make the time to read up on The Crew because they were just amazing! Embody was a fun read and I can’t wait to see who’s up next because there were some interesting things going on with the rest of the Squad.

~ Copy provided by Love Affair with Fiction ~






I'm not "damaged." No horrible childhood or demons in my past I'm trying to outrun. In fact, my family is ideal — funny, supportive and filled with couples that all follow "our" golden rule:


Find her. Protect her. Love only her, with everything you are, every day, for the rest of your life.


So why is it the mere thought of a monogamous relationship, more than one night with the same woman, sends me bolting in the other direction?


Because I hadn't met Bellamy Morgan yet.


When I do cross paths with her, everything starts to slowly make sense. Why men change overnight — suddenly blind to all women but her, happy to hold her purse and watch corny movies.


Just one problem — she's my little sister's best friend.


Embody is a spin-off, STANDALONE novel from the bestselling Evolve Series.




Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * CA * AU | B&N | | iBooks
Excerpt



Giveaway: $20.00 Amazon Gift Card Enter HERE



S.E. Hall, lover of all things anticipation and romance, is the author of The Evolve Series: Emerge, Embrace, Entangled, Entice, Endure and companion novellas Baby Mama Drama and Guide for Tools Looking to Date My Daughter by character Sawyer Beckett. S.E. also wrote the standalone, Finally Found novels Pretty Instinct and Pretty Remedy and her latest release, standalone, contemporary romance Unstable.
Her co-written works include The Provocative Professions Collection: Stirred Up, Packaged and Handled 1&2, One Naughty Night and full-length, standalone novels Matched and Filthy Foreign Exchange with Angela Graham as well as Conspire, a romantic suspense, written with Erin Noelle.
S.E. resides in Arkansas with her husband of 20 years and 3 daughters of the home. When not writing or reading, she can be found “enthusiastically cheering” on one of her girls’ softball games.


Comments