Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Beauty of the Beast (Fairy Tale Retellings #1) by Rachel L. Demeter ~**~




***5 ‘Always Together’ Stars***


I’m a true blue sucker for Beauty and the Beast inspired stories. It doesn’t matter in which manner the author chooses to take it, contemporary, historical, paranormal or even switching things up where the Beast is female. This trope is my catnip and I’ll readily admit that I’ll more than likely trip over myself to get my hands on it (and before you ask, Yes, I will be seeing the Beauty and the Beast Disney movie the day it releases ;)) So it’s no surprise that I jumped at the chance to read this one and I adored it! The author did a beautiful job of keeping those special little moments that a true fan will instantly recognize while giving it her own dark and edgy touch that gives a refreshing and emotional spin to the story.


One of the most important components of this trope for me is that I have to hurt for ‘Beast’. I have to fully understand what happen to turn the character into the monster that even they think they are and feel their pain, so that I can want them to climb out of the darkness and the author gave that to right off the bat and god did I hurt for Adam. Brutal is an understatement when it comes to what Adam went through, soul crushing is a better description and though there were moments where I wanted to smack him, what came through was what an amazing heart he had. When they say it’s the little things that count, they really do and Adam proved it over and over again to the point that I was ready to climb into the story to be with him.


The other component that is a must is I have to fall in love with Beauty’s goodness even while thinking the character is just too good to be true and that’s what happened with Isabelle. She is a kind and sweet girl in every way that counts and it shines through in her actions. Is she perfect? No. She has faults just like anyone else, but she tends to be more kind than cruel and appreciates the little things versus having the world handed to her on a silver platter.


Adam and Isabelle’s romance had quite a few twists and turns, some I saw coming, others not so much, so I was kept on my toes. But I loved how they learned each other and saw beyond what was on the outside and into each others hearts and souls. Though Adam does evolve the most of the two, with Isabelle’s help, he also helps Isabelle get through some issues of her own and I loved the way they found common ground in what they were most passionate about and though the ending was perfect.


This is my first read by the author and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was hooked from the start and had a very difficult time putting once I started it. The writing was engaging and I enjoyed the multiple 3rd person POV’s. The characters were all well developed and as much as I adored Adam and Isabelle there were characters that I wanted to gut with a spoon, which means the baddies of the story were also well written. The disclaimer at the end of the description is tell the truth. This retelling is edgy and dark in some ways, so be prepared for it, but it also has that magical touch that makes your heart swoon and has you believing that fairy tales can come true.


~ Copy received from IndieSagePR ~




Experience the world’s most enchanting and timeless love story—retold with a dark and realistic twist.


A BEAST LIVING IN THE SHADOW OF HIS PAST


Reclusive and severely scarred Prince Adam Delacroix has remained hidden inside a secluded, decrepit castle ever since he witnessed his family’s brutal massacre. Cloaked in shadow, with only the lamentations of past ghosts for company, he has abandoned all hope, allowing the world to believe he died on that tragic eve twenty-five years ago.


A BEAUTY IN PURSUIT OF A BETTER FUTURE


Caught in a fierce snowstorm, beautiful and strong-willed Isabelle Rose seeks shelter at a castle—unaware that its beastly and disfigured master is much more than he appears to be. When he imprisons her gravely ill and blind father, she bravely offers herself in his place.


BEAUTY AND THE BEAST


Stripped of his emotional defenses, Adam’s humanity reawakens as he encounters a kindred soul in Isabelle. Together they will wade through darkness and discover beauty and passion in the most unlikely of places. But when a monster from Isabelle’s former life threatens their new love, Demrov’s forgotten prince must emerge from his shadows and face the world once more…


Perfect for fans of Beauty and the Beast and The Phantom of the Opera, Beauty of the Beast brings a familiar and well-loved fairy tale to life with a rich setting in the kingdom of Demrov and a captivating, Gothic voice.


Disclaimer: This is an edgy retelling of the classic fairy tale. Due to strong sexual content, profanity, and dark subject matter, including an instance of sexual assault committed by the villain, Beauty of the Beast is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

Release Date: March 15th, 2017

Goodreads | Amazon US * CA * UK | B&N | Kobo | iBooks | Trailer | Giveaway




Rachel L. Demeter lives in the beautiful hills of Anaheim, California with Teddy, her goofy lowland sheepdog, and her high school sweetheart of fourteen years. She enjoys writing poignant romances that challenge the reader’s emotions and explore the redeeming power of love.
Imagining dynamic worlds and characters has been Rachel’s passion for longer than she can remember. Before learning how to read or write, she would dictate stories while her mother would record them for her. She holds a special affinity for the tortured hero and unconventional romances. Whether crafting the protagonist or antagonist, she ensures every character is given a soul.
Rachel endeavors to defy conventions by blending elements of romance, suspense, and horror. Some themes her stories never stray too far from: forbidden romance, soul mates, the power of love to redeem, mend all wounds, and triumph over darkness.


Her dream is to move readers and leave an emotional impact through her words.
Don’t be a stranger! Rachel loves to connect and interact with her readers!






Comments

  1. Great review!!! Can't wait to read!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! Rachel did a wonderful job with the story. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :D

      Delete

Post a Comment