Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Claiming Grace (Ace Security #1) by Susan Stoker ~**~



***4 ‘I had no idea it could be this good’ Stars***

I didn’t expect that. The description is accurate. Very much so. But I wasn’t expecting THAT. It’s not a bad thing, not really, because that whole situation kept me at the edge of my seat, but holy hell. But outside of that, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It was sweet, smexy, suspenseful and filled with characters that I want to get to know better.

Logan’s childhood was no fairy tale. He battled every day to keep himself and his brothers safe and left as soon as he could with the knowledge that his brothers were also getting away from the hell they lived in. I really liked Logan. He’s got a good heart and once he sets a path for himself he doesn’t back down. But there were moments where he needed a good swift kick in the arse, in fact one time I really did wish his friend had hit him, but he quickly got his head out of his ass and showed what a good guy he really was.

On the outside Grace looks perfect. Well off family. Good looks. Intelligent.  A secure job in the family business, but looks can be deceiving. I loved Grace she has a kind and gentle soul and, when given the opportunity, can be quite feisty. But the secrets she has to hide are slowly killing her and though I understood what was happening to her, I wanted to smack some sense into her and have her fight for herself and her happiness. Thankfully, we finds the strength and it was a joy to watch her become the woman she was meant to be.

Logan and Grace’s road to their HEA was an interesting one. The obstacles they faced weren’t due to anything they did or didn’t do, but due to outside interference. The one main issue between them was resolved early on in the book and I liked how it was dealt with and though I liked them together in the end, the beginning, after they resolved their issues, was a bit off for me. I can’t put my finger on it, but I wasn’t feeling the intensity of their feelings towards each other. As the book progressed and they re-connected it got easier to see why they were a perfect fit for each other as they not only helped each other to heal, but become stronger.

While the reason for the birth of Ace Security is a sad one, I loved what it stood for and what the brothers wanted to accomplish through it. All of the characters peaked my interest for one reason or another, some because I really liked them, others because I wanted to gut them with a spoon, but they were all well written and I can’t wait to get to know them all better. The suspense element was done very well, scarily so, and though I won’t go further into it because it may or may not teeter into spoiler territory, I will say that the topics may be triggers for some. As I said, I was surprised by it all and that doesn’t happen all that often. It didn’t put me off reading the rest of the book, in fact it hooked me even more, but some may have issues so be prepared.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley ~


For Logan Anderson, moving on from a traumatic past means moving back to his hometown of Castle Rock, Colorado, to start a personal-security business with his brothers. But it’s not long before Logan runs into Grace Mason, his best friend from high school…and the woman who never answered his letters during his Army years.
Grace was pleasantly surprised to see Logan return to Castle Rock, despite their falling-out ten years ago. Everyone always assumed they would end up together, including Grace, who had eyes only for him. But as Logan eventually escaped their town, Grace got pulled further into her family’s controlling grasp—and farther away from the man she loved.
Now, united by scars both visible and not, the two must fight to free Grace from the suffocating hold of her family. But the Masons won’t let go easily—and they’ll do whatever it takes to keep the couple apart.

Book Summary
Genre: Contemporary Romantic Suspense
Published By: Montlake Romance
Release Date: March 14th, 2017
Pages: 286
Series: Ace Security #1
ASIN: B01KNV4AZQ


Goodreads | Amazon US * UK | Audio


New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Texas where she lives, but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, and Indiana. She's married to a retired Army man who now gets to follow her around the country.
She debuted her first series in 2014 and quickly followed that up with the SEAL of Protection Series, which solidified her love of writing and creating stories readers can get lost in.


Comments