Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Souljacker (Lily Bound #1) by Yasmine Galenorn ~**~





***4 ‘You’re not fighting this battle alone’ Stars***

It’s been awhile since I dove into one of Yasmine Galenorns worlds so when I saw the cover and title I couldn’t help but be curious to see what she had up her sleeve and being a fan of tattoo’s and a resident of Western Washington I decided to give a go and really enjoyed the book. The world is similar to those of the author’s other works, but I really enjoyed the characters and getting to know each of them as they work to stop a psychotic vampire before he can get to them.

I really liked Lily. She’s kind, compassionate and approachable and if it weren’t for the whole succubus I need sex and your chi to survive she’d appear to be any normal person off the street. Quite a bit changes for her in the book, both good and bad, and I liked how she handled them all ~ though there were a few times where I wanted to smack some sense into her, but they all worked. And though Lily is the focal point of the series she is surrounded by a varied and interesting group of people of various ages and species. Each were well written and I enjoyed getting to know each of them and what they brought to the story and am looking forward to seeing how they all develop throughout the series.

As this is the first book in the series, the pacing was a little slow due to introducing the characters, their backgrounds and the world itself but it was all done well and the flow never felt choppy. The Souljacker storyline was simple and yet well thought out and did a great job at being the catalyst for the series story arc as it introduced the majority of the main players and set up smaller storylines in the process. What I ended up liking the most though was how the relationship between Lily and Archer wasn't as big as the synopsis suggested it would be within the story. Instead it was woven well into the story and helped to move things along.

Overall I really enjoyed Souljacker and am definitely interested in seeing how certain storylines play out throughout the series.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley ~



Lily O'Connell, a succubus, has put her unique talents to work. She owns Lily Bound, an elite sex salon in the Blood Night District of Seattle. When a client turns up dead in her club, and she hears the news that the Souljacker--an old tattoo-artist friend-turned-vampire, who was institutionalized years before--has escaped to reclaim his "artwork," Lily knows she's next on his list. With one of his tattoos on her thigh and nowhere else to turn, Lily hires Archer Desmond, a chaos demon and PI, to track the vampire down before he tracks her. But she didn't expect to fall for Archer-and they say a succubus who falls in love will destroy the heart of the one she seeks to claim...

Book Summary
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Published By: Diversion Publishing
Release Date: March 7th, 2017
Pages: 292
Series: Lily Bound #1
ISBN:  1682307018







Yasmine Galenorn is the New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today bestselling author of the Otherworld Series (Sisters of the Moon), the Fury Unbound Series, the Whisper Hollow Series, and the Fly By Night Series. In the past, she also wrote the Indigo Court Series, two mystery series and eight nonfiction metaphysical books. She is now turning toward the indie side of publishing and bringing out her own work.

Yasmine is a caffeine junkie and describes her life as a blend of teacups and tattoos--the former in her china closet, the latter on her skin.

She is a shamanic witch, has been married to Samwise Galenorn since 1993, is the mother of four cats, and they reside in Kirkland WA.




Comments