***5 ‘Crazy, Chaotic Fuckery Goodness’ Stars***
That’s why I’ve come to love and adore this series, the crazy, chaotic fuckery goodness. It didn’t start off that way, but now it’s what I look forward to when I dive into this series, just like her Dragon Kin series under her G.A. Aiken pen name. It’s over the top and at time even a bit much for me, but I love how three dimensional the characters are under all the crazy and how the romance is quite unique to this crazy fun world.
I adored Erin and Stieg. Erin is irreverent and has no edit button, at least not one that she chooses to use in most situations. Her favorite past time is irritating as many people as she can and openly admits it to anyone who will listen. But despite her penchant for going off half cocked, she does care deeply for those she calls her own. Stieg is, well, a Raven. He is calm, collected and despite what the other Clans think, quite intelligent underneath the stern exterior. He’s more about thinking things through than going off half cocked and is content staying home watching American Greed and drinking a beer.
Their, um, romance is crazy, chaotic, fun, smexy and even sweet ~ in a way it can only be for a Crow and Raven ~ ride as these two extreme polar opposites collide. They end up getting under each other’s skin and find that despite their best efforts to stay away from each other, they keep being put together time and time again. But as they say, opposites attract, and Erin and Stieg end up fitting together in an almost practically perfect way as they fill in each others missing pieces.
The whole Hel/Gullveig/Ragnarok crazyness is amp’d up several times over and though I thought the storyline dragged a little, it was still fun to see how it all played out and I liked where things ended up.
I was hooked from the start and laughed all the way through the book. In fact I now have put a rule into effect that states that I am never to read one of the author’s books and be on the elliptical machine at the same time because I was laughing so hard I almost huli’d over (fell in Hawaiian) it was bad enough I was laughing while working out. As with the other books, this one is told in multiple 3rd person POV’s, some may get whiplash from it, but I enjoyed it. And with what happened in the epilogue, I’m definitely looking forward to the next book in series!
~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley ~
Stieg Engstrom, Angriest Viking Ever, has got big problems. The human Viking Clans of earth are in danger of being obliterated—along with the rest of the world—and the only one who may be able to save them is a super pain-in-the-ass Crow. Most people annoy Stieg, but this is the one woman he really can’t stand…
Erin Amsel loves being a Crow! Why wouldn’t she when the other Viking Clans are so hilariously arrogant and humorless? She’s not about to let all that come to an end! She just didn’t expect to be shoulder to shoulder in battle with Stieg. Then again, he’s so easy to torment—and also kind of cute.
With the future of the world riding on them, Stieg knows he’ll have to put aside his desperate need to kiss the smirk right off Erin’s face. Wait. What? He didn’t mean that—did he? No! They have one goal: To conquer the idiots. Because nothing bugs Stieg more than when idiots win. If only he can keep himself from suddenly acting like one….
Book Summary
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Published By: Kensington
Release Date: March 28th, 2017
Pages: 400
Series: Call of Crows #3
ISBN13 9781617735141
Originally from Long Island, New York, Shelly Laurenston has resigned herself to West Coast living which involves healthy food, mostly sunny days, and lots of guys not wearing shirts when they really should be. Shelly Laurenston is also The New York Times Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, creator of the Dragon Kin series. For more info on G.A.'s dangerously and arrogantly sexy dragons, check out her website at www.gaaiken.com.

Comments
Post a Comment