Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: The Hot Shot (Game On #4) by Kristen Callihan ~**~






*** 5 “Take My Hand” Stars ***


I’m sure everyone who is a fan of this series is with me when I say it feels like we’ve been waiting EONS for the next book in this series. EONS. And it’s not necessarily for a particular character to get a book, it’s simply THIS series. These characters, as a whole, are just so damn addicting that you can help but need more (I can always have more Gray Gray...and even Dex...but mostly Gray Gray...just sayin’) and it makes the wait practically intolerable. But the wait was so worth it! It was a sweet, smexy, swoon worthy read with a good dose of angst and a lot of heart that I wanted one to devour, but instead took my time to savor.


I adored Finn and Chess. Finn is sexy, charming and has more charisma that he should given all his smexyness and like any good quarterback he knows how to read people. He’s got a laid back alpha vibe going on and once he decides on a path he sticks to it. Despite having it all and incident in his recent past has caused a shift in his perception of what he wants in life, but he isn’t necessarily ready to make a commit to that change of thinking.


Chess has moxie in spades, she comfortable in her own skin and has a career she is passionate about. She doesn’t have a wide circle of friends, but the ones she has she adores and would do anything for. She wants to be in a committed relationship but with issues due to her atypical childhood and a situation that arose when she was in college, she finds it difficult to take the steps to get there.


Finn and Chess’s journey to their HEA was a mix of opposites attract and enemies/frenemies to lovers that was fun to watch. I loved how they kept colliding and the little ‘sign’ that became so significant to them both. I loved their bantering and holy hell are they smexy together.  Things were definitely bumpy, but as they worked things out they became closer and their trust in each other deepened. The huge relationship bomb was painful to watch, but when you look at them separately, it was bound to happen. The way they reunited wasn’t what I would have wanted for them, but it worked and I really liked where they were at the end of the book.


You can read The Hot Shot as a standalone, but I’d recommend that you read them in order because some of the characters from those books are either mentioned or apart of the story and it’ll make it that much more fun to have a little more background on them all. If you only have time to read one of them then I’d say read The Game Plan because it takes place at the same time as this one, but in the end you’ll more than likely want to go and read them all once you’re finished with The Hot Shot. I enjoyed getting a look at the inner workings of the team and how not everything is as it seems and I loved spending time with Rolondo and Dex. I’m curious to see whose book will be next. I’d love one on Jake or even North, but I’m still crossing my toes for Cal’s to happen one day, so toes crossed for those ones!


~ Copy provided by InkSlinger PR ~



First we were friends. Then we were roommates. Now I want more…


What can I say about Chess Copper? The woman is capable of bringing me to my knees. I know this about five minutes after getting naked for her.
No one is more surprised than me. The prickly photographer my team hired to shoot our annual charity calendar isn’t my usual type. She’s defense to my offense, a challenge at every turn. But when I’m with her, all the regrets and darkness goes away. She makes life fun.


I want to know Chess, be close to her. Which is a bad idea.


Chess is looking for a relationship. I’ve never given a woman more than one night. But when fate leaves Chess without a home, I step up and offer her mine. We’re roommates now. Friends without benefits. But it’s getting harder to keep our hands off each other. And the longer we live together the more I realize she’s becoming my everything.


Trick is… Now that I’ve made her believe I’m a bad bet, how do I convince her to give this player a true shot at forever?





Kristen Callihan is an author because there is nothing else she’d rather be. She is a three-time RITA nominee and winner of two RT Reviewer’s Choice awards. Her novels have garnered starred reviews from Publisher’s Weekly and the Library Journal, as well as being awarded top picks by many reviewers. Her debut book FIRELIGHT received RT Magazine’s Seal of Excellence, was named a best book of the year by Library Journal , best book of Spring 2012 by Publisher’s Weekly, and was named the best romance book of 2012 by ALA RUSA. When she is not writing, she is reading.

WEBSITE / FACEBOOK / TWITTER / AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE


Comments