***5 “Visuals. I NEED Visuals” Stars***
That whole sexy mysterious tone of the description was what had me making grabby hands at this book and with the whole ‘NSFW’ thing going on I NEEDED to know what that was all about if nothing else and I wasn’t at all disappointed. I swear I fell into adoration with Josh and Evie so fast even I was surprised by it. This book brought out ALL the feels ~ the good, the bad, the ugly and the smexy ~ and I didn’t want it to end!
I know I’ve already said, but I adored Evie and Josh. Evie is driven, hard working, practical but has some adorable quirks. I loved that though she does have her insecurities, which sometimes get the better of her, she is actually quite comfortable in her own skin and owns her quirks. Josh is that guy who has it all and then some....a lot of some. He’s got this sweet, laid back vibe mixed with a smexy alpha male’s charisma that makes him absolutely irresistible.
I have to say that while the way Josh and Evie first came into contact with each other was a bit unconventional, it was also quite brilliant. I loved how their relationship evolved because it felt so natural. They were opposites in some ways and yet so similar in the ways that counted that it made it so easy to see how these two people could not only become friends, but lovers ~ and dear lord were they smokin’ hot together! The obstacles in their journey to their HEA were numerous and even though I knew they would have to deal with them, I didn’t want them to because I simply loved them together and hated it when it disrupted the flow they had going on. But I loved where they were at the end and wanted more of them when the book ended.
This is my first book by either author, so I have no frame of reference when it comes to them as solo authors, but as co authors I found the writing to be seamless. The flow and pacing was well done and I really enjoyed the dual 1st person POV’s. As for the “visuals” thing, trust me when I say you WILL want them, badly. I thought the secondary cast of characters were well written and found that there were two, Kendall and Drew, that I’d love to know more about ~ even though I really wanted to gut one of them with a spoon many times throughout the book, so I’ll most definitely be keeping an eye for any news on those two.
~ Copy provided by L Woods PR ~
A sexy new romantic comedy from USA Today bestselling author Lex Martin and bestselling author Leslie McAdam…
I'm known for being formal. Meticulous. Professional.
So you’d never suspect I spend my nights photographing my impressive junk for a NSFW blog. Don’t roll your eyes. I’m not bragging. I have millions of followers who’ll tell you they live for my posts.
I’m like a superhero, saving humanity one dick pic at a time.
Except leading a double life means I need someone to help me protect my anonymity, so that no one, especially my family, ever discovers my online celebrity.
When I call one of the most respected law firms in town, I expect quality legal advice and confidentiality. Not a sinfully sexy attorney whose dangerous curves and soul-piercing gray eyes make me want to personally demonstrate my particular skill set.
I shouldn’t be tempted.
Especially when she knows all of my best-kept secrets. But everyone has a breaking point. And I’ve met mine.
*** All About the D is a full-length standalone and 99 cents only during the preorder. Due to adult situations and sexual content, it's recommended for readers over the age of 18. ***
Leslie McAdam is a California girl who loves romance, Little Dude, and well-defined abs. She lives in a drafty old farmhouse on a small orange tree farm in Southern California with her husband and two small children. Leslie always encourages her kids to be themselves – even if it means letting her daughter wear leopard print from head to toe. An avid reader from a young age, she will always trade watching TV for reading a book, unless it’s Top Gear. Or football. Leslie is employed by day but spends her nights writing about the men you fantasize about. She’s unapologetically sarcastic and notoriously terrible at comma placement (that’s what editors are for!). Always up for a laugh, Leslie tries to see humor in all things. When she’s not in the writing cave you’ll find her fangirling over Beck, camping with her family, or mixing up oil paints to depict her love of outdoors on canvas.
Lex Martin is the USA Today bestselling author of Shameless and The Dearest Series. She writes contemporary romances, the sexy kind with lotsa angst, a whole lotta kissing, and the hot happily ever afters. When she's not writing, she lives a parallel life as an English teacher. She loves printing black and white photos, listening to music on vinyl, and getting lost in a great book. Bitten by wanderlust, she's lived all over the country but currently resides in the City of Angels with her husband and twin daughters.


Comments
Post a Comment