Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Ruckus (Sinners of Saint #2) by L.J. Shen ~**~



***5 ‘Sirius & Earth’ Stars***

This. Book.

I devoured and savored this book  in equal measure. I wanted to tear through it because it was so damn good, but needed to fully enjoy all that was going on with Rosie and Dean: The Good (which was oh sooo good) The Bad (Considering we are talking about a Hothole it can be taken either way) and The Ugly (And Holy. Hell. was it ugly, but not for reasons you may be thinking) So I found myself punching the gas only to brake hard not long after and it was all worth it. This book was EVERYTHING. It brought out the all the feels. It was sweet, smexy as sin and had me laughing out loud. It also had me wanting to gut a few people with spoons along the way, but really all it did was make me fall into full blown adoration with Dean and Rosie.

Rosie is a fighter. She wants so badly to live life on her own terms that at times she fights against what could be better for her, not out of spite but independence. There is so much she wants, but can’t have and what I admired about her the most was that she didn’t allow herself to wallow. She may have had her moments, anyone would, but found ways to do what she wanted to even if it was a roundabout way.

On the surface Dean “Ruckus” Cole appears to be no different than his best friends, and for the most part he isn’t. He has enough money to buy a few countries without breaking a sweat, ruthless, charming when he wants to be and sinfully sexy, but underneath it all he is so much more and finding out who he really is was heart melting as well as heart breaking. He’s the imperfectly perfect that you want in your life.

Now for Rosie and Dean’s second chance at love journey ~ and holy hell what a journey it was ~ I LOVED how everything played out between them. I know some were not thrilled with the fact that Dean did date Rosie’s sister (though it WAS 11 years ago) but for me it wasn’t an issue and became non-existent as their mutual past was unveiled throughout the story. Their past combined with just how good they were together in every way had me rooting for them. I loved their bantering, the smexy was insane, but it was how clearly they saw each other was ~ even when they didn’t know all of the others ‘dark secrets’ ~ made it clear they were always meant to be together.

The writing was excellent, the various twists and turns in the story definitely kept me on my toes and that one I did not see coming at all, the pacing was good and I really enjoyed the first person dual POV’s. And then there are the rest of the Hotholes. I loved catching up with all of them, I swear their texts crack me up just as much as when they are talking face to face, and cannot wait for Trent’s book because that one is gonna be an interesting ride.

~ Copy provided by Enticing Journey Promotions ~


Rosie

They say that life is a beautiful lie and death a painful truth. They're right.
No one has ever made me feel more alive than the guy who serves as a constant reminder that my clock is ticking.
He is my forbidden, shiny apple.
The striking fallacy to my blunt, raw, truth.
He is also my sister's ex-boyfriend.
One thing you should know before you judge me;
I saw him first. I craved him first. I loved him first.
Eleven years later, he waltzes into my life, demanding a second chance.
Dean Cole wants to be my bronze horseman. My white knight has finally arrived. Hopefully, he isn’t too late.

Dean

They say the brightest stars burn out the fastest. They’re right.
She sets my mind on fire.
All smart mouth, snarky attitude and a huge heart.
In a world where everything is dull, she shines like fucking Sirius.
Eleven years ago, fate tore us apart.
This time, I fucking dare it to try.
Getting to her is a battlefield, but Rosie LeBlanc is about to find out just how hard I can fight. I won't go down quietly. That's why they call me Ruckus.
And conquering her will be the sweetest victory.

This is a complete standalone and a part of the Sinners of Saint series.


Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * CA

(Image by Enticing Journey Promotions/LJ Shen)


L.J. Shen resides in sunny California with her husband, son, chubby cat and wild, wild dreams.
Her passion is to write badass stories, sushi, UFC and her awesome family and friends (not in this order, though. Obviously, sushi comes before writing. Oh, and also the family part.)
She spend the first half of her twenties traveling the world and is now paying all the fun with extra shifts in front of her MacBook. Feel free to contact her on her Facebook page. She loves to hear from her readers.

Comments