Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review Surrender the Dark (The Dark #1) by Tibby Armstrong ~**~




***3.5 Stars***


I’ve waffled a bit over this one and it’s not because I didn’t enjoy the book, because I did. It had more to do with what I was expecting and what I actually got while reading the book. The world building and setup of the series story arc as well as the secondary ones were done very well and I’m quite interested in seeing how it all plays out. I could easily picture what was going on my head and though there were parts that dragged a bit for me, it didn’t last long and I enjoyed the flow of the writing. But as much as I liked all of that, the romance side of the story just didn’t grab me like I thought it would based on Tzad and Ben’s shared history. The tension between them didn’t set me on edge with want. There was some heat between them and I enjoyed their bantering and I did like both of them, but that spark was missing for me and I didn't fall in love with them and their journey.


In all honesty this felt more like an urban fantasy novel with a touch of romance than a true blue PNR and had it been touted as UF my rating would be higher because I wouldn’t have been anticipating the romance to be the main focus and just gone with it. But it is what it is and as I said in the beginning, I really enjoyed the world that the author has created and am looking forward to seeing where she takes us with this series.


~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley  ~



As a provocative series of paranormal temptation begins, a vampire king seduces the supernaturally gifted man hunting him. But when the stakes are literally life or death, their struggle for control is no game.


Benjamin Fuller is a hunter, born and bred. Blinded as a child by the vampire who slaughtered his family, he’s blessed with a second sight that allows him to catch and kill his quarry. What his gift can’t help him see coming is his fierce, almost carnal attraction to the mystery man who claims to be a fellow hunter and whose touch triggers both lust and revulsion. When he gains the upper hand, Benjamin vows to bring his enemy to his knees.


After many years spent in exile, the only one who can help restore Tzadkiel Dragoumanos to his rightful place as War King is a blind hunter with golden curls, a lithe dancer’s physique, and distinctive facial scars—scars Tzadkiel gave him two decades ago. The mere scent of Benjamin Fuller provokes an unwelcome rush of insatiable desire. Yet to win an all-out supernatural war, Tzadkiel must resist the ravenous hunger to possess his prey—for now.


Book Summary
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Published By: Random House/Loveswept
Release Date: May 23rd, 2017
Pages: 251
Series: The Dark #1
ASIN B01D7CJ3Z0





Tibby Armstrong is a Romance author living in Northern Georgia with two cats and an unmentionable number of books.


Her work includes the upcoming Surrender the Dark (Dark Series) by Random House / Loveswept, and the Hollywood series.


Tibby's favorite reads are by a diverse array of Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, and SciFi authors like Maria V. Snyder, Charlaine Harris, Connie Willis, Elizabeth Moon, Jane Austen, C.S. Pacat, and Lois McMaster Bujold.


You might wonder at such a long list, until you consider that Tibby is also a librarian. Please say hello and share what you love. She's always looking for a new book to devour!




Comments