***5 ‘You Wanna Go for a Ride’ Stars***
Talk about a major tone change from Storm to Vandal. I mean I remembered what happened to Vandal and just from Evie’s reaction to the man there was no doubt that his story would have a darker edge, but WOW! I didn’t always love Vandal, but I never truly disliked him. I may have gotten frustrated with him and wanted to Gibbs smack him a few times, but despite his surly nature, he did care about his family even if he didn’t always show it. Tabi was a lot stronger than she appeared and though she was broken, as broken though not as dark (initially) as Vandal, she wasn’t shattered. Their journey was dark, heart breaking and yet satisfying as they both helped the other to heal and find pieces of their soul that they didn’t even know existed. Also bonus for this one was Sterling ~ I swear my heart melted every time he was around.
She takes my breath away; she is so beautifully damaged.
Yes I had broken her, ravished her life, destroyed her happiness. I brought her to ultimate despair. I was responsible for all the pain and suffering that now brought her to her knees in front of me.
Broken.
Hopeless.
Reckless in her agony.
She is a mirror of my own tortured soul.
But what I took away I can give back.
In ways she cannot even begin to imagine.
She is everything right in all my wrongs.
She loves me. She needs me.
She has no idea I’m the one who wrecked her life.
** Vandal is a dark romance with light BDSM. He is emotionally damaged and manipulative, but still wants love. This book deals with death, grief, deception, substance abuse, depression, and graphic sex. If this is not your thing, you can skip this book and move onto the next in the series and you will not be lost. Vandal is not the sweetheart that the other guys in Ashes & Embers are - but even the dark and damaged deserve to be loved, right? **
***5 ‘ The Church of Lukas’ Stars***
I would so worship at the church of Lukas. I really would. I went into his book already crushing on the man thanks to his chat with Toren in Torn and I swear this man made me all kinds of twitterpated and swoony. His open honesty and charm mixed with that touch of dark, dominant smexy alphaness seriously did me in. Ivy, I was ready to help the woman bury bodies. I really was. My heart broke for her, but I loved how ~ with a few nudges along the way ~ she came out so much stronger in the end. I loved watching their relationship grow, it was sweet and smexy and I was definitely rooting for them the entire time. The crap thrown their way pissed me off, and that big ‘ole clusterf*cker had me reaching for that spoon, but I thought the way they handled all of it, was exactly how it should be handled given their situations. I seriously adored this book, Lukas may have ruined me for any of the other males in either series, and though I am kicking myself for not starting on this series earlier, I figure it’s better late than never :)
Storm’s younger cousin.
Vandal’s little brother.
You’ve met him in the background.
The sweet one.
The nice one.
The one they can all rely on.
The good one.
He’s a tattoo artist. He plays metal and classical music - on the violin.
He’s got a body built for sin.
He’s 24.
In comes Ivy. She’s a 36 year old single mom who hasn’t dated in 18 years.
All she wanted was a tattoo.
She got a helluva lot more :)
Being good has never been so bad.



I've only read the first two books in the Embers and Ashes series, Storm and Vandal. I should probably finish off the series since I really enjoyed those books. Glad you like them as well. Have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteHi Jovita!
DeleteI'm actually doing things a little half ass backwards with this one. I started reading Torn, figured out that it was a spin off and that I had Storm sitting in my TBR pile. I got caught up in Torn and am now doing my best to get caught up with Ashes and Embers :) I'm really enjoying the story lines and characters and am looking forward to what else Ms. Cole has in store for us!