Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Chasing Wicked by Kathryn L. James ~**~



***4 Stars***


This was that book that I waffled over a lot because I wanted to know what Stone did that was so bad and yet I didn’t know if I wanted to deal with the angst that would most definitely come with it. But I decided to take a chance and I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised with the entire story. From just what went down with Stone to how he and Avery and Stone reconnected and finally got their HEA and all that happened in between, I had a difficult time putting the book and NEEDED to find out what would happen with them in the end.


Stone and Avery took me on a total roller coaster of a ride throughout the entire book. Sometimes I loved them, sometimes I wanted to Gibbs smack them, but in the end I really liked both of them. As much as Avery drove me a crazy, I loved her strength and how she accomplished all that she did. Stone was a bit of a wild card for me. I got him and could see why he reacted to some things, but man did he try my patience. He kept his heart on lock down and became cynical, but I loved watching as those walls came tumbling down and exposed the man beneath.


What a rocky and angsty ride Avery and Stone had. From what tore them apart to them colliding again and working through their issues there was never a dull moment. But what came out of all of it was that they were always meant to be together. The chemistry was intense and when they finally got over their issues it was proof positive that what they had was true. The issues that plagued them went from one extreme to another and I swear I didn’t see half of them coming, but I enjoyed how everything worked out.


This is my first read by the author and I really enjoyed it. The writing was engaging and even though I would have liked to have a bit of Stone’s POV of things, the first person POV was done very well. Dovie was my favorite secondary character, but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what else Ms. James has planned for the next books in the series.


~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed ~



Stone Mitchell was and always will be toxic.
Forbidden.
Poison.
I’d had a taste and it nearly killed me. Now, I knew better than to bite the apple.
He’d betrayed me in the worst imaginable way possible.
Six years later, I found myself riding out a dangerous storm with the cheating bastard.
Truths are uncovered. Deception unfolds. Passion ignites and chemistry explodes.
Adding to the drama? I hold a secret that’s unforgivable. I’m the one that ruined our second chance.
Yet, it’s Stone that comes for me with a vengeance.
He’s wicked. He’s wicked ruthless. Pure wicked sin.
…and I want another taste.


Book Summary
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 18th, 2017
Pages: 317
Series: Wicked #1






Kathryn James lives in a southern small town with her husband and kids. Being a hopeless romantic, she loves to read and write about bad-boy sexy alpha males and a strong heroine. She weaves her characters along a roller coaster ride full of angst before they reach their HEA. The beach is one of her favorite places to relax and write. But most days, when she’s writing, you can find her snuggled under a blanket in a recliner with her sweet apricot poodle curled up beside her. She’s launched her novel Crazy Beautiful Lies in December 2015, wrote a short Crazy Beautiful Kiss featured in an anthology, Story of A Kiss. She's releasing Chasing Wicked April 18, 2017.





Comments