Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Trial by Magic (Dragon’s Gift: The Protector #2) by Linsey Hall ~**~






***4 Stars***


I don’t know exactly what it is or why it is for that matter, but I find myself enjoying Nix’s journey a lot more than I did Cass and Del’s. It’s hard to pinpoint one aspect of the story that’s working for me because I just feel like everything just flowed really well. I really liked the idea of the trials and how they showed us just who Nix, as well as Ares, are at their cores. And the tension that the whole “I like you, but I don’t know if I can trust you” situation cause between Nix and Ares and where they ended up at the end of the book was done very well. I’m liking how there is a new threat with the dragon tattoo’d up gang as well as how it looks like the whole Triumvirate thing is coming into play. Hanging out with the rest of the crew is always a good time, even when they are battling for their lives and I’m looking forward to where the next book will take us!


~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~



My secret is out.


You know that saying, to hell in a handbasket? That’s where my life is headed. Three days ago, the Vampire Court learned about my forbidden FireSoul magic. It’s basically a death sentence. Except they’ve made me a deal. I have to pass a series of trials, designed to test my magic and my loyalty. If I survive, I become an ally of the Court, which would be awesome.


Problem is, the trials are as deadly as a hungry hellhound and I can’t trust my partner, the sexy hybrid-vampire Ares. Worse, there’s a new magic inside me that’s eating me alive. It won’t stop until I learn to control it, but that’s a tall order given everything else that’s on my plate. Between the trials and a recent theft at my shop, Ancient Magic, I’m up to my ears in magical problems.


Trial by Magic is a fast-paced fantasy mystery with a kick-butt heroine, a tough hero, and magic that will blow your socks off.


Release Date: June 27th, 2017



Linsey Hall is the author of the Mythean Arcana, an adventurous paranormal romance series set in Scotland and other exotic locales. Before becoming a romance novelist, Linsey was a nautical archaeologist who studied shipwrecks from Hawaii and the Yukon to the UK and the Mediterranean. She credits the historical romances of the 70's, 80's, and 90's with her love of history and her decision to become an archaeologist. After a decade of tromping around the globe in search of old bits of stuff, she settled down and started penning her own romance novels. Her books draw upon her love of history, travel, and the paranormal elements that she can't help but include. Several of her books may or may not feature her cats





Comments