Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Chasing a Legend (Kavanagh Legends #4) by Sarah Robinson ~**~




***5 ‘Waiting For It’s Other Half’ Stars***


My journey with the Kavanagh Legends series has had it’s ups and downs, but from the start I adored the Kavanagh family dynamic and that’s what has kept me coming back for more, regardless of which member of the family is up on the chopping block. But Chasing a Legend finally did what the previous ones couldn’t. It gave me my hit of the family and all the crazy goodness that comes with them (which included a few moments where I had to do the fast blinking, looking up at the ceiling to not cry and ruin my make-up since I was work thing), but a couple that I ended up adoring. There were moments where I wanted to Gibbs smack them both, but I really loved their journey. It was sweet, smexy and had just enjoy angst to keep things interesting and keep me turning the pages til the very end.


It’s funny what draws you to someone. Sometimes is what they do, other times it’s how they act and when it came to Quinn it was how he handled his recovery and rehab from his accident. He hated being dependant on others, but instead of being a grump and getting all surly about it, he appreciated the fact that they all wanted to help him get better and that showed me what a good man he was. He’s charming, funny and when he goes into Alpha mode it’s all over.


Kiera was kinda spastic. I don’t mean that in a bad way, I call one of my besties spastic all the time, but the girl definitely kept me on my toes. One second she’s all kinds of nervous and awkward and the next she’s taking charge and going after what she wants. But while she gave a tinsy case of whiplash, it was her heart that endeared her to me. She genuinely cares about people and has no problem jumping in and doing what needs to be done to show them.


One never knows what they’ll be getting with a second chance romance. Will it be all kinds of angsty? How much push/pulling will be going on between the characters? Those are the questions that I tend have swirling around in my head, and I have to say that I actually enjoyed the ups and downs throughout Quinn and Kiera’s journey. Some of the downs had me growling at both of them, but I liked how they tended to stay on the more mature adult side of things. They remembered that they were friends, best friends, and went from there. Their interactions were cute and silly at times and yet there were some good heart to hearts that showed how well they still knew each other despite the amount of time they’d been out of contact with each other and the smexy was quite hawt! The two major roadblocks in their road were not a huge surprise, and one I did roll my eyes at, but I loved how they worked out and that epilogue was perfect!


Chasing a Legend was a fun read and I really enjoyed the lighter tone of it and how it was very much a character driven story. Catching up with and hanging out with the Kavanagh’s was a blast and Dee had me cracking up. As for the whole fighting not to cry moments in this one, I did curse the author in my head because who wants to be crying while reading at work? But it goes to show how well done the scene(s) were written to cause that reaction. Now to wait for Jimmy and Casey’s books since they are the last two standing….


~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~**~



The most soulful Kavanagh brother tackles the challenge of a lifetime—with a little help from the girl of his dreams.


“Fans of Lori Foster’s SBC Fighters series will love the MMA atmosphere of [Sarah] Robinson’s Legends.”—Library Journal


A topnotch manager and agent, Quinn Kavanagh pictures a life outside of his family’s renowned MMA gym. Beneath his sleek exterior, Quinn has a secret passion for sculpting. But after a nearly fatal motorcycle accident, he’s struggling just to walk again, let alone get back to the studio—and it doesn’t help that the doctor in charge of his physical therapy is his childhood crush. Quinn’s always ready for a fight, but the bittersweet sting of unrequited love has him begging for mercy.

Dr. Kiera Finley is determined to make her medical residency a success. Six years ago, she gave in and shared a single passionate night with Quinn. Now she’s just hoping the cocky lover from her past doesn’t derail her plans for the future. Little by little, though, Kiera gets to know another side of Quinn. She knew he was a family man, devoted to his parents and brothers, but he’s also a free spirit trapped in a cage—and only she has the key. To heal both Quinn’s body and soul, Kiera’s tempted to give him a special kind of medicine.


Book Summary
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published By: Random House Loveswept
Release Date: August 22nd, 2017
Pages: 250
Series: Kavanagh Legends #4
ASIN: B06WP485FR







Aside from being a Top 10 Barnes & Noble and Amazon Bestseller, Sarah Robinson is a native of the Washington, DC area and has both her Bachelors and Masters Degrees in criminal psychology. She is newly married to a local police officer, Justin, who is just as much of an animal rescue enthusiasts as she is. Together, they own a zoo of rescues including everything from mammals to reptiles to marsupials, as well as volunteering and fostering for multiple animal shelters.







Comments

Post a Comment