***4 Stars***
That ending was perfect!
It really was because it’s that kind of ending that gets me all kinds of excited for what’s coming next and has me making grabby hands.
But as that is the ending, and I’m not going to spoil it for anyone who has yet to read the book, we’ll get to starting about my thoughts on what led up to the ending.
I’m really liking how Nix’s story is playing out. Though there are times where I do feel as if the story drags a bit, overall I’m liking how everything is unfolding overall. I feel as if we are getting to the heart of who Nix is and the role she was fated to play much quicker than with Cass and Del’s stories. Also, I’m enjoying how everything is coming full circle with the Triumvirate as well as the Drakon/dragons storyline. I’m liking how the Ares/Nix romance is moving along and hanging out with the rest of the crew is always a good time.
So, with that ending and what they’ve learned about Drakon and what his plans are, I’m definitely looking forward to the next installment and where it takes us!
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
I thought I knew the world of magic. I knew nothing.
By the skin of my teeth, I passed the Vampire Court trials. I’m officially an ally, with the seductive vampire Ares on my side. Everything should be good, except that there’s a magical mob boss on the hunt for dragons. Problem is: dragons are supposed to be dead. So what does he know that I don’t?
It’s a race against the clock to save the dragons. But things get dangerous when the mob boss starts hunting me. What was a straightforward mission becomes a tangled web of intrigue and danger. I can only get out alive if I embrace my strange new magic--along with the help of Ares and my friends.
Origin of Magic is a fast-paced urban fantasy thriller with a kick-butt heroine, a tough hero, and magic that will blow your socks off.
Release Date: July 26th, 2017
Linsey Hall is the author of the Mythean Arcana, an adventurous paranormal romance series set in Scotland and other exotic locales. Before becoming a romance novelist, Linsey was a nautical archaeologist who studied shipwrecks from Hawaii and the Yukon to the UK and the Mediterranean. She credits the historical romances of the 70's, 80's, and 90's with her love of history and her decision to become an archaeologist. After a decade of tromping around the globe in search of old bits of stuff, she settled down and started penning her own romance novels. Her books draw upon her love of history, travel, and the paranormal elements that she can't help but include. Several of her books may or may not feature her cats

Comments
Post a Comment