Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Princess Brat by Brianna Hale ~**~



***4 ‘Yes, Daddy’ Stars***

I enjoyed Little Dancer and when I saw that Princess Brat was going to delve back into the Daddy Dom/Little relationship I didn’t hesitate to grab it and see how this relationship would evolve and I must say I was just as fascinated by how it all evolved as as I was with Little Dancer. But what I enjoyed the most was how different the tone of this one was and though there was the issue with Adrienne’s father and the crazy fall out from that, it was a very character driven story that delved quite a bit into what a Dom/sub relationship is.

Even though Adrienne was a brat, I quite liked her. She is a product of her environment, so her acting out wasn’t that much of a surprise or shock. She handled, or didn’t handle, things in the only way she knew, even when she knew she wouldn’t get the result she wanted. What I liked about her was how she ended up processing her emotions, and all that was going on around her, and actually evolved throughout the story. I liked Dieter, and when he went into Dom/Daddy mode he was pretty d^mn hot, but outside of that I didn’t get that gut punch when it came to him. I think his appeal was more about how he helped to guide and settle Adrienne than him as himself. I know that’s wonky but that’s the only way I can think to explain it. He by himself was alright, but he and Adrienne together made him more.

Their relationship and how it evolved fascinated me. I don’t know if I felt a deep connection between them, but I saw how they both had what the other needed and were more than willing to give it to the other. Adrienne needed the comfort and security of a “Daddy” and Dieter needed someone to care for. I really liked how the Daddy/Little relationship was explained and that it was explained. What the purpose of it was for both of them. How it helped them deal with their emotions and grow. The sex that does occur was hot, but also on the light side of things in comparison to Little Dancer. Overall though I found their journey intriguing and liked where they were at in the end.

While the romance didn’t really move me, I really liked watching how the Daddy/Little relationship between them evolve and how it’s significance to each of them was explained. That insight was what captivated me. If you’re even slightly curious about the lifestyle and don’t mind a bit of spanking, then I’d say give this one a go.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~


When father’s away, with Daddy Dom she’ll play.

Throwing tantrums may be childish behavior, but it’s the only way Adrienne Westley feels she can be heard. In the middle of a tabloid scandal, her father cares more about his career than the threats to his mouthy daughter. So when bodyguard Dieter Vanderbroeck enters her home she’s shocked by his dominant presence.

Try as she might to defy him, Dieter doesn’t give in to her bratty attitude. Instead, he challenges it with a commanding voice and a firm hand. His authoritative tone calls to a part of Adrienne that she's long kept hidden--and as Dieter begins to unravel her submissive nature, it becomes harder and harder to keep things professional.

Adrienne’s about to find out just where bratty little girls go: over Daddy’s knee. Because he no longer wants to be just her bodyguard, he wants to be her Daddy Dom.

Book Summary
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published By: Carina Press
Release Date: June 26th, 2017
ISBN13: 9781488028229


Brianna Hale couldn’t live without her notebook and an assortment of glitter pens, and when she’s not writing she can usually be found with a book, fighting video game monsters and aliens or attending the theatre. She believes that pink and empowerment aren’t mutually exclusive, and everyday adventures are possible. Brianna lives in London.




Comments