***4.5 ‘Stubborn Love’ Stars***
It seems that most of the books I’ve read lately have put me on some major emotional roller coasters, not a bad thing at all, in fact I always look at it as a win for the author when that happens and Toying With Her was no different. It was filled with all kinds of sweet and smexy moments, a few eye rolling/frustrating ones and a few where I wanted to gut someone with a spoon. But regardless this book pulled out all the feels and had me dopey smiling throughout the mas majority of it even with all that was going on and I loved every second of it.
I not only adored, but absolutely admired Sterling. She worked hard and turned an idea into an amazing and profitable business and bonus is that it’s a vibrator that actually does what it’s supposed to do. And though success and wealth hasn’t changed who she is at her core, it has affected her on an emotional level and my heart hurt for her and all she had to deal with because of it.
Rorke made my book boyfriend list right from the start. This man is practically perfect ~ “Practically” because he has a couple of issues and perfection is highly overrated. He is sweet, charming, has a good heart and soul and while I wouldn’t label him as Alpha AF, he does have an alpha level amount of determination once he’s made up his mind on something.
Sterling and Rorke’s journey was all kinds of sweet, smexy, frustrating at times, but still a fun ride as we learned about their friendship before they parted ways and to watch as they reconnected and found that they both liked the person the other had become since the last time they’d been together. While the smexy between them was hot, I loved the slow burn approach to it which made it all the more fun when things finally heat up between them. Unfortunately there had to be roadblocks to maneuver around in their journey, some were pretty normal things for a new couple to deal with while others were more intense, and while there were a couple of things I wanted to turn out differently, I liked how everything worked out in the end.
This book sunk it’s claws into me from the very first page and I loved how Ms. Lane gave us a good balance of the good, the bad and the ugly that came with Sterling’s business. I could see, and even understand, each perspective, but I started getting upset for Sterling, which shows how invested in her I ended up becoming. I loved the small town vibe and all of the secondary characters were well written and really helped to bring more depth to the story. Amy, Sterling’s mom was my hands down favorite, but the book club ladies were a very close second. So if you’re looking for a great second chance romance, this one is a definite must read!
~ Copy provided by Social Butterfly PR & voluntarily reviewed ~
No one said finding love was easy, but when you invented the world’s bestselling vibrator, it’s near impossible. Yep, that’s right. That little toy hidden in your bedside table is my brain child. It’s aptly named Woman on Top. And you know what they say . . . it’s lonely at the top.
So I’m headed home to my Southern roots. It’s supposed to be an extended Summer vacation — nothing more. But Rorke Weston has other plans for me. Plans that not only involve me being on top, but also underneath him.
It’s been said you never forget your first. For me, that’s definitely true. No night has ever lived up to the one I spent with Rorke.
He’s turned into quite a man. Tan from the Southern sun, and stubborn as the day is long. And there’s nothing sweeter than the swipe of his tongue.
Rorke wants his chance. The one we never had. But that was a long time ago. When I still believed in Prince Charming and Happily Ever Afters. Even ten years later, I feel a pull. And it’s not simply Rorke yanking down my panties.
Do second chances really happen? Or is my heart simply toying with me?
Prescott Lane is the Amazon best-selling author of Stripped Raw. She's got six other books under her belt including: First Position, Perfectly Broken, Quiet Angel, Wrapped in Lace, Layers of Her, and The Reason for Me. She is originally from Little Rock, Arkansas, and holds a degree in sociology and a MSW from Tulane University. She married her college sweetheart, and they currently live in New Orleans with their two children and two crazy dogs. Prescott started writing at the age of five, and sold her first story about a talking turtle to her father for a quarter. She later turned to writing romance novels because there aren't enough happily ever afters in real life.







Comments
Post a Comment