Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Act Your Age by Eve Dangerfield ~**~


***4 ‘Who Am I?’ Stars***

The very first line of the synopsis had me going “This IS totally my kind of book.” Then I read the rest of it and the grabby hands started happening and I have to say that I really enjoyed Act Your Age. It was all kinds of smexy and titilating, and will warn that it will push some outside their comfort zone, but I was absolutely fascinated by why the characters were drawn to Daddy/Little play and how, once diving in feet first, it would affect and change them as things progressed and wasn’t disappointed at all in how things ended up.

Tyler and Kate both fascinated and frustrated me in equal measure, and yet I really liked them both. Tyler is most definitely a grump when we first meet him, but the man has his reasons. Not only has he had to tamp down his natural urges, he’s had a rough go of it in his personal life and can’t seem to (doesn’t want to) shake himself out of it. But underneath all the walls and denial, is a man who can and wants to care, but doesn’t want to be hurt again.

Kate has had a rough go of it when it comes to life in general and yet she hasn’t become cynical. She still hopes to find not only herself, but her own unique happily ever after and is willing to put herself out there, even if the steps she takes towards it are smaller than ones a baby would take. I have to say I was fascinated by the enigma that Kate was and enjoyed watching her come into her own as the book progressed.

As for their relationship and it’s evolution. While I will admit that there is a small part of me that feels like I needed a little more deep down heart to heart from them, I also have to admit that I’m actually good with what I got from them because of the type of Daddy/Little roleplay they were into. That takes a lot of trust and what came out of it for both of them drew them closer than either of them expected (or intended). The big roadblock in the journey wasn’t entirely unexpected, but I did like how it kicked them both in the arses and forced them to really look at not only their feelings towards each other, but themselves and though I would have liked a little more groveling (that’s just a me thing) I liked how everything turned out for them.

I really enjoyed this book as a whole. I’m absolutely fascinated by the D/s & BDSM culture and all the various kinks that are apart of it and I really enjoyed the direction Ms. Dangerfield went with the Daddy/Little play. I appreciated how different it was from most of the Daddy themed books out there and how in depth she went as to why these two characters were so drawn to it and what they got out of it. I will warn that while what Kate and Tyler do is consensual, there will be those that will find their play to be not their cup of tea, so keep that in mind when diving in. As for the secondary characters, I loved Georgie and the Barbie Trolls and wouldn’t mind seeing that lot again at some point in the future.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


Just because Kate ‘Middleton’ McGrath, wants a man to call ‘daddy’ in bed doesn’t mean—
Oh, you stopped reading. Cool.

Kate gets it. Kinks aren’t for everyone. Hell, they’re probably not for Mr. Henderson, her grumpaholic boss. She really shouldn’t have crush on him, but the man is just so goddamn stern. Sure, a lot of that comes down to ‘being her boss,’ but still, it feels like there might be something there.

Tyler Henderson is a golden boy who’s lost his shine. He’s old, his dream career is over, his fiancée’s left him. Now all the former firefighter wants is to try and bury his troubles in paperwork and hard liquor. He says ‘try’ because he can’t get Middleton out of his head long enough to wallow properly. He’s not going anywhere near the girl. HR issues aside, he’s done with sweetness and things don’t come sweeter than a cupcake-baking engineer who knits her own hats.

A case of mistaken identity causes Kate and Ty’s attraction to give way to blistering sex. They have more in common—and more to lose—than either of them realized. When it comes to unreasonable attraction you can rarely change your mind, but can you act your age?

Release Date: September 27th, 2017


Eve Dangerfield has loved romance novels since she first started swiping her grandmother’s paperbacks. Now she writes her own sexy tales about complex women and gorgeous-but-slightly-tortured men. Her work has been described as ‘the defibrillator contemporary romance needs right now,’ and not by herself, or even her mum, but OTHER PEOPLE.
Eve currently lives in Melbourne with her boy, a bunch of semi-dead plants and a rabbit named Billy. When she's not writing she can usually be found making a big ol' mess.




Comments