~**~ ARC Review: Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures #1) by Meredith Wild & Chelle Bliss ~**~
***3.5 Stars***
Having never read anything by either author, but always wanting to, I figured this would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone and while Misadventures of a City Girl was a smexy, quick read and I liked both MC’s when I finished the book I felt like I didn’t get enough insight to the characters. I did get enough to like them and have my heartstrings pulled when it came to what they were both going through, but in the end I felt like something was missing.
After all the atrocities Luke witnessed, and had some part of, while in the military he found that being back in civilian society wasn’t all it was cracked up to be and decided a solitary life was what he needed in order to maintain what sanity he had left. At heart, Luke was a good man with a big heart that just needed an outlet. He had his moments, but considering how long he’d been alone, his reactions weren’t unreasonable. Madison just had her world turned upside down and decides to leave the rat race, and gossip mill, behind and take time to work through it all. I had a weird relationship with Madison. I liked her. I thought that she handled everything as well as she could, but there were moments when I wanted to reach out and give her a little smack upside the head. But, she is sweet, sassy and has a good heart.
Luke and Madison’s journey definitely started out with a bang and just kept rolling. The smexy was hot, it does start more on the erotica side, but does end up sliding over to the erotic romance side. But this was most definitely an ‘insta” situation, whether you want to put it under lust or love, it was insta. And though I had no problem with that because they did open up about what led them to the mountain, I do wish they’d dug a little deeper with each other so that the insta could have been balanced out a little bit more. The issues that they were dealing with did get tied up quickly, but it worked for me.
Though I would have liked a little more out of Luke and Madison, I enjoyed the journey. The pacing was good and the writing was seamlessly done. So if you’re looking for a fun and quick read with a whole lot of heat then this is the book for you!
~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
Fresh off a divorce from a Hollywood hotshot, Madison Atwood needs an escape. With the paparazzi fresh on her heels and her love life splashed on every tabloid, she runs away to a swanky retreat in Northern California. Avalon Springs is the mountainside haven she needs to find herself again.
Luke Dawson lives off the grid, preferring solitude to society. When he finds a beautiful woman soaking in the hot springs on his property, he can’t stop himself from watching her. She captures his attention, but she’s just a city girl—a beautiful distraction disturbing the peace he’s settled here to find.
When Madison discovers Luke’s secluded cabin, he can’t turn her away again. They make no promises. Madison needs to feel wanted again, and Luke misses the touch of a woman. But when mother nature has other plans, they’re forced to spend more than a night of passion together. Can Luke say goodbye to the only woman who’s made him feel anything in years, and can Madison leave behind the man who brought her back to life?
Book Summary
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published By: Waterhouse Press
Release Date: September 12th, 2017
Series: Misadventures #1
ASIN: B06X9FQRWQ
Meredith Wild is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of romance. Living on Florida's Gulf Coast with her husband and three children, she refers to herself as a techie, whiskey-appreciator, and hopeless romantic.
Chelle Bliss
Chelle Bliss, USA Today Bestselling author, currently lives in a small town near the Gulf of Mexico. She's a full-time writer, time-waster extraordinaire, social media addict, and coffee fiend. She's written over thirteen books and has three series available. She loves spending her free time with her boyfriend, 2 cats, and her hamster.

Comments
Post a Comment