Having read and really enjoyed Ms. Stewart’s Seattle Bachelor’s series it didn’t much for me to reach out and grab this one (though I do apologize for taking so long to read it, life sometimes just sticks it to you) and I was totally hooked from the first page. The feels I had towards the characters and their struggles were a lot more intense than I thought they’d be and though there weren’t many surprising twists or turns in Lauren and Trent’s journey, I really enjoyed watching as everything played out between them.
I really liked Trent and Lauren. Trent is a good man who is doing his best to live his life now that he is out of the army. He is still plagued by all that he saw while in the army, especially what happened on his last mission that ended his military career and guilt weighs heavily on him. But he’s worked though most of it and is intent on living and honoring the memories of those he lost. Lauren is working on stepping out of the box that she’s trapped herself in when it comes to relationships. Her list of wants and rules have always been valid, but now she sees that they are also a solid barrier to many possibilities. I loved the dichotomy that was Lauren. She flip flops between shy and insecure to strong and confident without too much trouble and it was fascinating to watch because there was never a time when I was sure which side would appear. She’s sweet, sassy and her honesty about herself and what she wanted was refreshing.
Trent and Lauren’s journey to their HEA was all kinds of bumpy, but well worth it. I liked the fact that while they were friends, there was still so much they didn’t know about each other and I enjoyed watching as they peeled the layers back and exposed themselves to each other as the book progressed. I loved their bantering and the chemistry between them was potent. While there were many foot in mouth situations peppered throughout the book, some funny, some not so much, and though the big road block that comes between them wasn’t a surprise, though I was hoping it wouldn’t happen, I liked the way everything worked out for them in the end.
This was fun, quick character driven romance with all the feels. The writing was engaging and the pacing was steady, and the dual 3rd person POV was done well. The secondary characters were all very well written and I’m definitely looking forward to the next book in the series!
~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
A sizzling new series about three friends looking for love-and the sexy SEALs who are ready to fulfill their craziest fantasies.
He's a man on a mission.
Navy SEAL Trent Lawson isn't a man to back down from a challenge. Ever since he opened his eyes in that army hospital to learn the men from his unit were gone, Trent has been determined to live life in their honor. Even if that means facing his most terrifying mission yet . . . dating.
She's done playing games.
Lauren Hayes has standards. In fact, she's got an entire list of them. There's only ever been one man to come close to making the cut-Trent Lawson. Except her best friend's too-sexy-for-his-own-good brother is strictly off-limits.
When Trent and Lauren find themselves matched up by a dating service, the chemistry between them is nothing short of explosive. They both know getting involved is a huge mistake, but life is too short to walk away from something this good.
Book Summary
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published By: Forever Yours
Release Date: July 11th, 2017
Pages: 240
Series: Military Match #1
ISBN: 1538728842
ISBN: 1538728842
JM is a multi-published author of passionate, heartfelt contemporary romance. She’s a wife, a mother, a spiritualist, and lover of puppies, and happily addicted to coffee and chocolate. She lives in the rainy Pacific Northwest with her husband, two sons, and two very spoiled dogs. She’s a hopeless romantic who believes everybody should have their happily-ever-after and has been devouring romance novels for as long as she can remember. Writing them has become her obsession.

Thanks so much for the review! No worries about taking so long, either. I definitely know how life just throws stuff at you at random. Had some of that myself lately. lol Tickled pink that you liked their story so much, though and really appreciate you taking the time!
ReplyDelete