***4 ‘My Universe Sparkles’ Stars***
This book, these characters ~ specifically Lexi and Brad ~ drove me up the wall and yet I never felt that urge to toss my Kindle into the freezer. I was sucked in from the beginning and actually enjoyed the many ups and downs of the story as a whole, even when it felt like my eyes would fall out of my head because of all the rolling they were doing. Hangry is a sweet, smexy and frustrating ride, but filled with a lot of laughter and heart.
Even though Brad and Lexi drove me batshit crazy throughout the entire book, I couldn’t help but really like them when they weren’t pushing me to the edge of insanity. Brad is that person who has a good heart and isn’t afraid of working hard, but he’s also one that tends to overthink things when he should take action, but when he does take action he goes all in and is a force to be reckoned with. Lexi is that girl with a good and generous heart, at times too generous and that gets her into a bit a trouble. She also has a tendency to simply react without thinking things through (aka overreact) and toes the line into spastic-ville. Thankfully she isn’t so stubborn that she won’t listen to others, admit that another path taken may have been and own up to her actions.
Here’s where things are going to get murky. There is a lot more going on between Lexi and Brad than stated in the description, that stuff is just part of quicksand they need to work through to get to their HEA, and while it did make for a lot of crazy (especially when that crazy could have been resolved with a simple conversation), it actually made them as a couple take things slowly---ish and I really enjoyed it. The slow pace helped to not only up the sexual tension, but showed why they fit each other so well.
This was a fun, crazy and well written first in series book. It was easy to get lost in and hard to put down. And as much as I enjoyed watching Lexi and Brad’s story unfold, I loved meeting the rest of the characters that surrounded them, Kitty and Sasha were definitely my favorites and considering the title of the series I cannot wait to get to know them better!
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
/haNGɡrē/
adjective informal
bad-tempered or irritable as a result of hunger.
"I get very hangry if I miss a meal"
From USA Today bestselling author Lily Kate comes a brand new series...
Ladies & Gents,
I sold my soul for a hamburger .
And I have no regrets. When a girl is trapped indefinitely in an elevator with a smoking hot burger and an empty stomach, even the strongest of women will crumble.
The story goes like this: Bradley Hamilton, former professional hockey player and the most frustrating human alive, offered me half of his hamburger in exchange for a date. I took him up on the offer—while under duress—and now I’m stuck with the consequences. Specifically, the scorching kiss that has me drooling for more.
However, there’s one whopper of a problem. This man has been a thorn in my side for the last twenty years—ever since he moved next door and became my older brother’s best friend. We’ve gone head to head for years, and now, he’s trying to buy out my restaurant in order to plop one of his big fat gyms there instead.
I refuse to let him ruin my business. Unfortunately, Bradley Hamilton is like an order of french fries: you just can’t have one. It appears our lips are addicted to kissing. He’s alarmingly handsome. Deliciously confident. And worst of all? Underneath that salty exterior he’s starting to show signs of sweet.
Brad Hamilton is my guilty pleasure, my cheat meal, my greatest craving.
Which is why he’ll be one habit that’s hard to kick.
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
This is a full-length, standalone romantic comedy with an HEA. It is intended for audiences 18+ due to mature content including romance, language, and ridiculously fun times.
Release Date: October 24th, 2017
USA TODAY bestselling author Lily Kate works a pretttttty boring day job and writes books filled with heat, heart, and humor by night. Her debut novel, Delivery Girl, landed instantly on the USA TODAY list, thanks to all of her fabulous readers! :)
When she’s not writing books, you may find her watching Christmas movies before Thanksgiving, eating whipped cream from the can, or hanging out with her family.

Comments
Post a Comment