Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: The Other Brother by Meghan Quinn ~**~

***5 Once In A Lifetime’ Stars***

O M G Smalls!
Well, I guess I really should call him Aaron from now on, even though he’s been Smalls for two books, but seriously!
This man was just….*happy dopey sigh* everything!

And I thank the powers that be for that because, as we all know, the whole love triangle trope isn’t my favorite one, not that I hate it or anything, but I just don’t readily reach for it if given a choice. But, for more reasons than one, I really didn’t have a choice because I wanted Aaron’s story so badly and I loved every word of it. From getting to know Aaron and Amelia to watching as they reconnected and dealt with their past, as well as their present and the ever present current boyfriend. The Other Brother was the perfect of sweet, smexy, humor, drama and a whole lot of heart that makes so difficult to put the book down.

Okay. I’m obviously in full on adoration with Aaron. He’s full on top BBF material, but he falls in the practically perfect side of the spectrum because the man does have his faults and while those faults are in large part due to how he grew up, which had my heart hurting for him, and are for all intents and purposes, selfless, he ain’t perfect, believe me I wanted to reach out and smack some sense into him. But what he is, is a man who didn’t have the perfect childhood, but kept his heart golden and worked really hard to achieve his goals and better himself.

Now with so much “I adore Aaron” going on, it may seem like Amelia got pushed to the background, but that isn’t necessarily the case. She is sassy, snarky, has a bit of a wild streak that only comes out to play in certain situations as well as a bit of a tendency to overreact. But at her core she is driven and has a compassionate heart that cares so deeply that, while it can take a beating, it takes a while for the hurt to go away.

Their journey is a mish mash of love triangle and second chance, but more so second chance than any else, which I was very happy about for obvious reasons. Their journey was about forgiveness, redemption and doing a lot of soul searching about what it meant to be in love with someone vs. loving someone and while that made for a bumpy ride, it was tempered by a sort brutal honesty by both Aaron and Amelia that brought about a clarity and understanding of what broke them apart and opened the door to a new relationship between them. I honestly loved Aaron and Amelia together, the chemistry between them jumped off the page and they just felt right, even with the baggage they were carrying. The big old twist in their relationship is stated in the description, but I really liked how it played out and where they were at in the end.

The Other Brother is simply a swoonfest. There are laugh out loud moments, even when it didn’t revolve around Racer, and sniffly teary eyed moments (not good ones to have whilst reading at work) but all in all this was a well thought out love story. I’m doing the verbal vomiting/gushing/broken record thing, but I can’t help it. As for the supporting cast of characters. I loved catching up with Tucker, Emma, Racer and George and if I didn’t already adore them,I would after experiencing them and the loyalty they have to each other through Aaron’s eyes. And then there is Amanda, Amelia’s BFF, I fucking ADORE this girl and I’m crossing my toes that we will get more of her in the future because she is truly badass!

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

I got the call. The dreaded call every child fears. My dad wasn’t well, and the man who had always been my everything needed me. 

There was only one thing to do; pack up and head back to my hometown. I had finally made my dream life in the city with the great job and loving boyfriend. But was there really a choice not to go? 

I found a wonderful job, a quaint house to rent, my boyfriend was working on joining me in Binghamton, and my favorite pizza place was only miles away. Life was good. 

Until I met my neighbor. 

It's been three years since I'd seen Aaron Walters, and my God is he all kinds of sexy gorgeous. Figures. He was supposed to be my forever, the man I grew old with, but he had different plans. How can a man who ripped my heart apart still trip me up? How can he make me still want him now more than ever?

I’m tempted, I’m drawn toward him, I’m completely and utterly unaware that I’m dating his biological brother.

Now two men own my heart. The question is, which brother will I choose?
Release Date: November 2nd, 2017
Goodreads | Amazon US * AU * CA * UK | Print

Born in New York and raised in Southern California, Meghan has grown into a sassy, peanut butter eating, blonde haired swearing, animal hoarding lady. She is known to bust out and dance if “It’s Raining Men” starts beating through the air and heaven forbid you get a margarita in her, protect your legs because they may be humped.
Once she started commuting for an hour and twenty minutes every day to work for three years, she began to have conversations play in her head, real life, deep male voices and dainty lady coos kind of conversations. Perturbed and confused, she decided to either see a therapist about the hot and steamy voices running through her head or start writing them down. She decided to go with the cheaper option and started writing… enter her first novel, Caught Looking.
Now you can find the spicy, most definitely on the border of lunacy, kind of crazy lady residing in Colorado with the love of her life and her five, furry four legged children, hiking a trail or hiding behind shelves at grocery stores, wondering what kind of lube the nervous stranger will bring home to his wife. Oh and she loves a good boob squeeze!

Comments