Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Welcome to Your Life by Katrina Marie ~**~

***3 Stars***


It’s taken me awhile to figure out just how I feel about this book and how to put it down into words. The first half of that equation I’ve come to terms with, the second is still in limbo, but I need to get it out of my head so we’re just gonna do a little verbal vomit-y thing and see what comes of it.

My issue is that while I did enjoy the book, it was an easy read to get through and low on angsty drama ~ which I was actually okay with ~ I still feel like I needed more from it because while there was some drama it was resolved quickly and relatively easily considering the circumstances and that’s why I’m stuck in limbo with this one. I liked the direction the author took with Tonya’s pregnancy, but I never got that emotional gut punch from any of the trials she went through. I mean I did feel some frustration for her and with her, but nothing overwhelming and that pretty much sums up the entire story for.

It was enjoyable, but nothing totally overwhelmed me on the emotional level.

Despite the lack of an emotional gut punch, I must say that I enjoyed the author’s writing style and voice.  I was drawn in from the start and had no problem turning the pages. This is her debut novel and I see great potential in her writing and will be keeping an eye out for what she has coming out in the future.

~ Copy provided via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

Tonya discovers she’s pregnant a month after breaking up with her high school boyfriend, Jake. She can’t decide whether to tell Jake she’s pregnant when he sees her at the mall with a maternity bag.

Tonya struggles to adjust to working, attending the local community college, and pushing off Jake’s advances to get back together. When she’s paired with the good looking guy from her Art class, Reaf, she has to battle the confusing emotions swirling through her brain and heart.

Can she find love, herself, and become the parent she hopes to be while dealing with pregnancy hormones and drama?

Release Date: August 3rd, 2017

Katrina Marie lives in the Dallas area with her husband, two children, and fur baby. She is a lover of all things geeky and Gryffindor for life. This is her debut novel and she hopes you enjoy reading it as much as she enjoyed writing it

Comments