This was a really sweet, fun and quick best friends to lovers read with just the right amount of heat and drama to keep things interesting. Sam and Maggie were fun and likable characters whose chemistry ~ as friends as well as more ~ jumped off the page and had me, along with the rest of their friends, chomping at the bit for that moment when they finally took the plunge into being more than just friends.
The fun part of this novella for me was watching as both Sam and Maggie finally start to realize that there is more between them than just friendship, that though they are besties, there could be more if they can trust in it. Nothing about their journey felt forced or over the top, it really was about two people who have always been more but due to their own obliviousness as well as the timing not being right hadn’t realized that what they were both looking for was right in front of them.
So, if you’re a fan of the best friends to lovers trope and are looking for a quick, low on angst read, then the Bed Mate is the one for you!
~ Copy provided by the author via InkSlinger PR and voluntarily reviewed ~
From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Kendall Ryan comes a new story in her Room Mate series…
I might be a typical guy, but these last few years, my love life’s been anything but. From crazy ex-girlfriends to one night stands who are stage-five clingers, my relationships go bad faster than the milk in your fridge. The only constant has been my best friend Maggie.
Fresh off a bad breakup of her own, I invite Maggie to my guy’s skiing weekend knowing she needs an escape from reality. But then something funny starts to happen. I start noticing things about her that I never noticed before.
She’s beautiful and doesn’t know it, she’s funny without even trying, and now she’s suddenly single for the first time in forever.
Sharing a hotel room with her proves to be the tipping point in our very platonic friendship. Suddenly I want to put my hands, my mouth, and my ... other parts ... all over her gorgeous body. I want to claim her, make sure no man touches her ever again. But then her groveling ex shows up, and Maggie’s torn.
Am I ready to screw up the best relationship I’ve ever had for a shot at something more?
**Every 1001 Dark Nights novella is a standalone story. For new readers, it’s an introduction to an author’s world. And for fans, it’s a bonus book in the author’s series. We hope you'll enjoy each one as much as we do.**
I might be a typical guy, but these last few years, my love life’s been anything but. From crazy ex-girlfriends to one night stands who are stage-five clingers, my relationships go bad faster than the milk in your fridge. The only constant has been my best friend Maggie.
Fresh off a bad breakup of her own, I invite Maggie to my guy’s skiing weekend knowing she needs an escape from reality. But then something funny starts to happen. I start noticing things about her that I never noticed before.
She’s beautiful and doesn’t know it, she’s funny without even trying, and now she’s suddenly single for the first time in forever.
Sharing a hotel room with her proves to be the tipping point in our very platonic friendship. Suddenly I want to put my hands, my mouth, and my ... other parts ... all over her gorgeous body. I want to claim her, make sure no man touches her ever again. But then her groveling ex shows up, and Maggie’s torn.
Am I ready to screw up the best relationship I’ve ever had for a shot at something more?
**Every 1001 Dark Nights novella is a standalone story. For new readers, it’s an introduction to an author’s world. And for fans, it’s a bonus book in the author’s series. We hope you'll enjoy each one as much as we do.**
Release Date: November 14th, 2017


Comments
Post a Comment