Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Academy of Magic (Dragon’s Gift: The Valkyrie #2) by Linsey Hall ~**~

***3.5 Stars***
This is the second installment of Bree’s journey into figuring out what kind of Unknown she is while navigating her way through her new life as a trainee for the Undercover Protectorate and while I thoroughly enjoyed the first chapter to her story, I struggled with this one. I just couldn’t get lost in the story and that made things drag a bit for me. The details of the new places we got to explore with Bree and the new characters we met along the way, were all well written and there are a couple of characters I hope we come across again like Emrys and Melusine and even Rocky, but the hook just wasn’t there for me this time around.

Even though it took be a bit longer to finish the book, I will say that I liked how everything with the curse and the type of Unknown that Bree is was woven together and played out. I’m quite interested to learn more details as to what Bree is, how her new knowledge of what she is and newly acquired powers will shape her and the trials she will face because of it.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~  

I've got one chance to prove myself and earn my place.

Against all odds, I’ve snagged myself a spot at the elite Undercover Protectorate. It’s basically a supernatural Scotland Yard, but in a castle. A dream come true.

All I have to do is make it through their academy. No big deal. Except that I’m a magical nightmare—a supernatural with a strange brand of unknown dragon magic.

When the Undercover Protectorate is attacked by a dark curse, it falls on me to solve the case—and save the castle. I have the help of my friends and the sexy Celtic war god Cade. But if I don’t figure out what’s going on, I’ll lose more than my place at the academy. I’ll lose my life.

Release Date: December 11th, 2017

Linsey Hall is the author of the Mythean Arcana, an adventurous paranormal romance series set in Scotland and other exotic locales. Before becoming a romance novelist, Linsey was a nautical archaeologist who studied shipwrecks from Hawaii and the Yukon to the UK and the Mediterranean. She credits the historical romances of the 70's, 80's, and 90's with her love of history and her decision to become an archaeologist. After a decade of tromping around the globe in search of old bits of stuff, she settled down and started penning her own romance novels. Her books draw upon her love of history, travel, and the paranormal elements that she can't help but include. Several of her books may or may not feature her cats

Comments