Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Nikan Rebuilt (Preload #3) by Scarlett Cole ~**~

***5 ‘Demovation’ Stars***

I was all kinds of excited to get my hands on this book and I knew that once I started it there was a huge chance that I wouldn’t be able to put it down. So, I waited for the perfect time to start it, which of course never came because life always gets in the way, and finally decided to just ‘do it’ and about 2 - 2.5 hrs later I was done. I DEVOURED this baby. I knew I had things to do (#workthingsbutshhhhdonttell), but I became so invested in Nikan, Jenny and their journey that I just couldn’t make myself put the Kindle to the side and wait. Their story was everything I didn’t know I wanted out of a second chance romance and loved how everything played out and came together for the characters.

I adored Nikan and Jenny. Both have been through hell and back, and though they may have stumbled more times than they’d like to admit, they have come out of it stronger than they could ever believe possible. They both have huge, though bruised hearts and I loved how they both made it a priority to give back and help kids who happen to be in the same situations they had been in.

Their second chance romance was not what I expected it to be, well not fully, but I loved the direction it went in. It was emotionally charged, but it never dove fully into the agnst arena because both Nikan and Jenny actually acted like the mature adults they are. There was a bunch of push and pull going on, but there was also a lot of communication which helped temper the drama. But there was also that spark between them that showed if the trust that was broken could begin to be repaired then they had an good chance that spark would become more than either could ever hope for.

It’s no secret that I’m a fangirl of Scarlett Cole’s books in general. I enjoy her writing style and voice and how I always find myself hooked by the words she lays down. Part of my enjoyment was catching up with the rest of the Preload guys and their women as well as Ellen and Maisy and getting to know the the boys who now live in the home. I love how the family dynamic jumps off the page when they are interacting, but also liked seeing how that dynamic has changed as each band member has found his own HEA. Lennon is the last man standing and that little tease of his book at the end was all kinds of WTF?!? So...how many more days will I be waiting for his book to drop into my hands???

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

Does the past ever really stay in the past?

Nikan can never be complete. He's got a rock group made up of the family he built for himself, more money than he knows what to do with, and a stream of groupies falling over themselves to date him. But none of them are her. The one regret that still plagues him, still taunts him with what he could have had.

Jenny is a survivor. Now running a group home after overcoming life in a cult lead by her manipulative father and watching her mother drink the poison he fed his followers, she fights to keep the light in the eyes of every boy who walks through her doors. Far from simple young love, Nik taught her to trust, showed her how good life could be. Before he formed the band. Before he became a famous rockstar. Before he destroyed it all.

A chance meeting after years of no contact shows the connection still blazes between them. But will they have their second chance at love? Or will the weight of their past crush their future together?

Release Date: January 2nd, 2018

Scarlett Cole is a contemporary romantic suspense / contemporary romance author (represented by Beth Phelan at The Bent Agency). Author of the Second Circle Tattoos Series. The Strongest Steel was a Best Debut Goodreads Author Finalist 2015, and Authors on the Air Global Radio Network #1 Contemporary Romance Pick for 2015.

When Scarlett isn't writing, she spends her time reading, hoarding mason jars, and working out to off-set an epic sour candy habit.

Having travelled the world for work and fun, Scarlett is a citizen of both Britain and Canada. A true city-dweller, she considers Toronto and Manchester home and likes to set her books in vibrant locations such as Miami and Los Angeles.

Comments