***4 “Beautiful, Peaceful Chaos’ Stars***
The cover and title peaked my curiosity and when I saw that the book fell under the romantic suspense genre I had to check the blurb out. Now, I’m not the biggest fan of the whole love triangle thing, so after reading the blurb I waffled because of the whole two men going after the woman aspect of it, but my gut said to get over it and give a try and I’m very happy I went with my gut. Whore was a pleasant surprise all around. It was nothing like I expected it would be and I enjoyed every word of it.
I’ve waffled a bit on how to proceed with this review because when I attempted to do it with my typical MO, I found that I was being kinda spoilery and this really is a book you need to go into blind, or at least semi blind so we’re going to do a semi short and sweet thing here. I adored Soti, there really is no other way to describe it. It’s been 24 hrs or so since I finished the book and his name makes me smile. Lilith absolutely fascinated me. There was so much she has experienced and yet she hasn’t ever truly lived. Her journey, her evolution was definitely an experience. Nico...he was probably the one character that didn’t surprise me, but still kept me captivated as I read the book because while his motives were transparent on one side of the coin, he was still surrounded by mystery throughout.
As for the romance side of things...it was an interesting mix of slow burn and hello that was quick, but it worked for me. All three evolve in one way or another throughout the book and where they end up is exactly where they were all meant to.
This is my first read by Willow Aster and I really enjoyed it all from the writing style to how the story unfolded. She has a way of bringing the characters to life, even the secondary, that made me want to spend more time with each of them. There are triggers in this book, so reader beware, but they worked within the framework of the story. So, if you’re looking for a good romantic suspense with well written and intriguing characters then you should definitely give this one a go.
~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
“I need a reason to exist.”
Beautiful, intelligent, independent, strong-willed, wealthy—Lilith Fontenot seems by all appearances, to have it all. But that’s not how the highest paid prostitute in New Orleans sees herself.
A stain on society. A scourge. A waste. Outsider. Prisoner…
Any idyllic dream of the normal life she may have once imagined, Lilith buried long ago. Her only plan now is survival.
But mob boss Nico Santelli and community center owner Soti Christos have not given up on Lilith. Each has his own very specific, very opposing, plans for her, and neither will rest until it becomes a reality.
WHORE is a singularly bracing take on an ancient tale of tireless love, betrayal, and the possibility of redemption.
Release Date: December 26th, 2017
Willow Aster is the author of USA Today bestseller, True Love Story, In the Fields, Maybe Maby, and Fade to Red. Willow loves nothing more than writing the day away—anywhere will do. Her husband and two children graciously put up with her endless daydreaming; otherwise, the writing would never get done. She’s also an avid reader, and has been known to walk, cook, and clean with her nose in a book. She’s lived in Texas, Tennessee, Indiana, and California, but Minnesota has captured her now and doesn’t seem to be letting go. Although shy, this lifelong writer and artist is convinced that the best part of this career for her is meeting and connecting with readers, authors, and all of those in this community of lovers of words.

Comments
Post a Comment