Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Wicked Bite (Realm Enforcers #5) by Rebecca Zanetti ~**~

***3 Stars***

It pains me to say this, it really does, because I’ve enjoyed every other book in this series and was all kinds of excited to get my hands on more of Bear, but this one just didn’t do it for me. I wanted it to, badly, and there were a few bright spots throughout which stopped me from DNF’ing the book outright, but when you start skimming (skipping) pages then you know it’s not a good sign.

While I didn’t fall in love with either Bear or Nessa, I did like them separately, but together they just didn’t really do it for me. The chemistry wasn’t there for me. Yes, the smexy was smexy but the constant head butting and need to physically prove dominance got old especially when both are supposed to be quite intelligent and could have found another way to prove a point. But, it is what it is.

As for the Apollo storyline. The whole Bear distributing Apollo storyline was dragged out too long for me and then resolved too quickly. I know I sound like that person who finally gets what they wanted but it isn’t enough, but I just couldn’t get why they thought Bear was the ring leader after all he did for Simone. As for who was behind it all, I didn’t pick up on it right away, but I did figure it out before it was revealed, so yay me!

I know I’ve been nitpicking, so here is what worked for me: the “interference” of demon, vampire and witch nations. Dage, Simone, Nick, Logan, Garrett and even Boondock made this read fun for me. Especially Logan and Garrett who I am crossing my toes will get their own spinoff because they absolutely deserve one. If it weren’t for these secondary characters I’d have probably stopped reading the book entirely.

I wanted to love this book. I really, really did because it was the last of the series, but it didn’t work out that way. I still enjoyed the series and am crossing my toes that there will be more to come from this world sooner rather than later.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~


If you love the Dark Protectors, these wicked hot Realm Enforcers are for you!

As she hunts for a drug lord killing her fellow witches, all Nessa Lansa’s instincts point to the Grizzly motorcycle club. That might be because their leader, Bear, is the strong, silent shifter type: warm brown eyes and more muscle and alpha male than any woman can ignore. Which makes Tessa’s plan to seduce and betray him all the more dangerous . . .

Bear doesn’t trust the curvy, blue-eyed witch. But Nessa can heal the injuries that sap his strength. And since he can’t stop thinking of her lush body and teasing smile, her plan to mate him to reclaim her own power is highly tempting. Just one problem. Once a desire this wild is loose, no one will ever control it . .

Release Date: August 1st, 2017

New York Times and USA Today Bestseller Rebecca Zanetti is the author of over twenty-five dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and contemporary romances. She lives in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest with her own Alpha hero, two kids, a couple of dogs, a crazy cat…and a huge extended family. She believes strongly in luck, karma, and working her butt off…and she thinks one of the best things about being an author, unlike the lawyer she used to be, is that she can let the crazy out. Her current series are: The Dark Protectors, The Maverick Montana Cowboys, and the Sin Brothers series. Upcoming series are: The Realm Enforcers and The Scorpius Syndrome.

Comments

  1. Nice Review! I have read a few of Rebecca Zanetti's books and I have liked them quite a bit. Too bad this one didn't match up to the others. But since you are crossing your toes, I'll cross my fingers that the next one will be up to par.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment