Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Stud by Kelly Siskind ~**~


***5 ‘Beach Glass’ Stars***
After reading the little teaser of Stud at the end of Legs there was no doubt in my mind that I’d be making sure that I got myself a copy as soon as possible. Well, let’s be absolutely honest ~ I would have been making grabby hands without it due to my love and enjoyment of the authors writing. And after diving in I can say I absolutely loved Ainsley and Owen’s journey! It was filled with humor, heat, heart and even a few moments where I wanted to toss my Kindle into the freezer (I didn’t) but I loved every moment of it and want more.

Owen didn’t have an easy childhood and is going through one hell of a nasty divorce thanks to his ex, but he’s survived it all and is finally looking to do what feeds his soul. Owen is simply a good man with a golden heart that’s been battered, but not broken. He has his moments, but he’s man enough to own them which only made me love him more.

Ainsley is a force to be reckoned with. She’s sassy, snarky and doesn’t always have an edit button, but all if it is done with such easy that she tends to charm those around her instead of aggravate. But underneath the moxie lay insecurities that keep her in a form of stasis that she has yet to work through. As much as I adore Ainsley, there were many moments when her conversations with herself had me wanting to smack some sense into her, I totally understood why, but whoa...thankfully her generous and compassionate heart and soul tempered things so I could enjoy watching her fulfill her birthday wish.

Owen and Ainsley’s journey to their HEA is all kinds of twisty and turny. Some of the twists were funny and others...not so much, but I enjoyed watching as they not only figured each other out, but themselves. I loved how, because of a few of the bumps in the road, they got to know each other and how it only served to up the smexy chemistry between them, so when finally got on the same track it ended up being explosive. The issues that would rise to test Owen and Ainsley’s budding relationship were no surprise, they were always simmering beneath the surface, and while I totally understood where Ainsley was coming from, I tended to be Team Owen. But I loved how they got everything worked out and where they were at in the end.

Stud was a fun read with just the right amount of drama to keep things interesting. I loved being in both Ainsley and Owen’s heads, Ainsley’s in particular since there were some things she came up with that had me laughing and have stuck with me...the whole catnip thing anyone?? I loved catching up with Jimmy and Rachel (Legs), Gwen and loved Emmett, Nana and Cameron. And that taste of Licks, Gwen’s book, oh boy. I want it like yesterday...but I think I’m gonna have really prepare for what will go down in her story.

Note: Stud can be read as a standalone, but it would be lots more fun to read Legs first.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

A down-to-earth carpenter. A Prada loving personal shopper.
A Habitat for Humanity project that erects more than walls……

The word “nail” has so many meanings:

Ainsley’s manicured nails belong in the Museum of Modern Art.

The fashionista hammers nails at Habitat for Humanity.

She desperately wants to nail Owen Phillips.

Unfortunately, she mistakenly thinks he’s gay.

Owen’s never-ending divorce has taken a turn from messy to downright vindictive. Yearning for the simpler things in life, like working with his hands, he joins a Habitat build. Turns out he also wants to work over Ainsley Hall…but the confusing bombshell flirts blatantly with other men.

When Ainsley discovers Owen’s true sexuality, their mutual attraction ignites, but he hasn’t shared the extent of his divorce drama. If he can’t disprove his ex’s false allegations, it will take more than hammers and nails (and nailing studs) to keep their walls from caving in.

Release Date: January 31st, 2018

A small-town girl at heart, Kelly Siskind moved from the city to open a cheese shop with her husband in Northern Ontario, Canada.  When she’s not neck deep in cheese or out hiking, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head.

She laughs at her own jokes and has been known to eat her feelings—Gummy Bears heal all.  She’s also an incurable romantic, devouring romance novels into the wee hours of the morning.

Comments