***4 Stars***
Angel of Death?
Has ties Egypt legend and lore?
Young girl believing she’s going crazy?
Hot as sin male joining the party?
Ummm...yeah sign me up and WHOA.
I expected some of the cray cray, but not ALL of that. I also didn’t expect to have my violent tendencies rear up and want to grab that spoon of mine to gut a few people, but that all happened and more as I followed Nisha on this crazy, twist and dark journey that pulled out all kinds of feels from me.
I loved Nisha, I did. This girl is surviving in a world that basically hates her, but she is doing it. I had my moments where I wanted reach out and Gibbs smack her ~ badly ~ but I got it and was fascinated by her. She is a teenager struggling with life and with the added crazy going on with her, I have say the girl held it together pretty well.
Outside of Nisha, I loved and adored her circle of friends and family. These people are all kinds of goodness. They aren’t perfect, but they are ones I’d have at my back any day and would lay my life on the line for. Then there is Blaze. He was quite a complex and fascinating character, he epitomizes the whole “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover” thing. He pretty much checked off all the marks on the Book Boyfriend list and more.
From the first words I was hooked, I wasn’t expecting all that happened in the prologue, but it definitely set the tone and I liked how everything unfolded in the story and how Nisha was connected Egypt and the reasons why the people in her town called her the Angel of Death. I will say here that what Nisha experienced at the hands of the townspeople pissed me off, I just couldn’t ~ hence the violent tendencies ~ but I didn’t toss my Kindle into the freezer because it was balanced out by goodness (her friends and family). This book is YA, but there are dark elements, so be aware of that. That cliffhanger...yeah, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for the next book because I need to see how this all plays out.
~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
Release Date: February 9th, 2018
Her love for writing started in the sixth grade where she annoyed her classmates with a short story featuring Sailor Moon characters, a cemetery and creepy ghosts. Yes, she’s always been addicted to the dark side.





Comments
Post a Comment