Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Mr Blakely by K Webster ~**~


***4 Stars***
Ahhhh...Mr. Blakely did my taboo/smut loving heart good and gave me one hell of surprise when I finally figured out where I’d met some of the characters previously.

(The FINALLY came in the epilogue *rolling my eyes at myself* I think I read too many books *smirk*).

But, I really enjoyed Mr. Blakely and Ava. Mr. Blakely is all kinds of Alpha AF male who comes across as a huge disciplinarian, but is a little more soft and bendy underneath all the sternness. Ava is hardworking and determined to achieve the goals she has set for herself. There is an aura of naivete about her, but she isn’t totally clueless.

As for their romance. Older man/younger girl (she is 18) & boss/employee. And while the attraction was insta, things took a little while to develop, but as this is a quick read, it didn’t take that long for them to act on their impulses and talk about going all kinds of Alpha AF. The funny thing with them is that despite all of the reasons why they shouldn’t work, they did. They balanced each other out and I just really liked them together.

If you don’t know, or hadn’t guessed, I’m a fangirl, so I was more than happy to jump down the rabbit hole to get lost in this one. What I didn’t see coming were the connections to her other stories, one in particular had me going to GR to confirm it and I ended up giving myself a mental Gibbs slap for not figuring it out sooner, especially since I adored that particular story, and kinda had me wanting to do a re-read of it. So if you’re looking for a quick taboo read, then this is a must click!

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

It started as a job.
It turned into so much more.
Mr. Blakely is strict with his sons, but he’s soft and gentle with me.
The powerful businessman is something else entirely when we’re together.
Boss, teacher, lover…husband.
My hopes and dreams for the future have changed. I want—no, I need—him by my side.

This book is approximately 33,000 words
Editor’s note: All characters in this story are over eighteen and all sexual interactions are fully consensual.

Release Date: February 12th, 2018
Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * CA | B&N | Kobo | Google Play | iBooks

K Webster is the author of dozens romance books in many different genres including contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her husband of twelve years and two adorable children, she’s active on social media connecting with her readers.

Her other passions besides writing include reading and graphic design. K can always be found in front of her computer chasing her next idea and taking action. She looks forward to the day when she will see one of her titles on the big screen.

Comments