Skip to main content

~**~ Review Tour for PowerHouse (Power Chain #1) by Chelsea Camaron & Ryan Michele ~**~

No one denies me. Especially her.
She dismissed me.
That was her first mistake.
She thought I was a nice guy.
That was her second.
She had hope.
That was the final straw.
I am Onyx Blake.
I'm a powerhouse in an ugly underworld only found in her nightmares.
She's going to learn quickly, I'm not the man to let anything go ...
Including her.

Authors Chelsea Camaron and Ryan Michele team up to push beyond the boundaries, going darker than ever before and crossing a line into a deep, dangerous, forbidden world. One where no one escapes, even if they beg to.

This is the Power Chain Series - a four book series of interconnected stand-alone romances.
Power Chain
PowerHouse
Power Player
PowerLess
OverPowered

Release Date: February 20th, 2018


***4 Stars***

When I read the description I said ‘Ooohhh.’ Then I saw ‘going darker than ever before’ at the end of the description I said ‘Yes, Please’...well, let’s be completely honest, when I saw Ryan Michele was starting a new series with Chelsea Camaron (and author I haven’t yet read but have on my TBR list) I said Yes. Please. The ‘going darker’ simply had me making grabby hands at the book and I devoured PowerHouse. It had my brain feeling like with was playing a weird mix of Jai Alai and Frogger (I know, wonky, but go with it) as I did my best to keep up with the cray cray going on with Onyx and Torryn, but I devoured every word until there were no more words to read.

So, the whole Onyx and Torryn making my brain hurt with their crazy has me in a strange spot with them because while I didn’t absolutely love them, I was fascinated by them and their reasons for doing things, or not, and their reactions. I swear I’m still trying to process it all. But what I had to give them major kudos for was they were 1) Absolutely honest with themselves, even when they argued with themselves and 2) They were determined to get their way ~ whether they did or not...well, you have to read the book to find out.

Now for their relationship...when it comes to dark romance anything goes and the smexy between them was nuclear, and they never denied it, but the whiplash was real between these two. It made for an interesting ride, an extremely hot, don’t bother with wearing panties because they will simply self destruction once these two get going ride, but a very interesting one and while I still question the sanity of their love, I can’t deny that they are definitely meant for each other.

I kinda feel as if my review is more random and verbal vomit-y than my norm, but that’s what the book did to me. It got me all kinds of key’d up and it’s a testament to the author’s creativity. The writing was engaging, seamless and well paced and I enjoyed the dual 1st person POV. The setting of the story was quite interesting because you have that moment where you think you know what’s going on, only to realize that you have no clue whatsoever and when it’s all revealed, it’s actually kind of a mindfuck, a good one, but still a mindfuck. I did have one of my “Wait. What...seriously’ moments towards the end, and yes in the midst of all the crazy, I had one that brought me up short and I still have an issue with, but it didn’t take away from my overall enjoyment of the book. And as for the secondary characters...there are three I really, REALLY, want to know more about soooooo bring on the next in the series!

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

Ryan and Chelsea have Giveaway’s happening over on their author pages! Head on over to check them out!!!



Chelsea Camaron Social Media Links: 

Ryan Michele Social Media Links:

Comments