Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Break the Line by Allison Mullinax ~**~


***4 Stars***

There was something about the description of this book that hooked me (I know, I know just work with me). I’m not sure if it was just the flow of the words, or what, but my curiosity was peaked and I really wanted to find out about Benson and Danni-Rose and I have to say I’m happy I took the bait *BSEG*. Break the Line was a quick read was filled with some really great moments and lots of heart.

Danni-Rose is a force of nature and she and I had an interesting time of it. She loves hard and fierce, has a lot of moxie and can be an immovable wall when she wants to be and I loved that about her, but it was that wall that had me getting frustrated with her. I understood it, I empathized with her ~ hell I even got teary over it ~ but it was definitely a thing that she needed to come to terms with in order to truly live.

Benson was such a good guy. I really, really liked him. He truly enjoyed his life because he got to do something he was not only good at, but loved as his profession. He was sweet, flirty and though confident and at times cocky, he wasn’t a jerk and proved time and again what a good heart he had.

Benson and Danni-Rose relationship does progress quickly, but I was okay with it. They had something of a time limit as to how long Benson would be in town and they packed in a lot in that time limit. But the chemistry between them was there and I really liked them together ~ at least when Danni would let herself simply be in the moment with Benson. For such a short time frame there was a lot of emotional upheaval going on, they skimmed over the small, superficial things and pretty much went down the emotional rabbit hole in no time flat and that’s why everything worked for me. Of course, there were a few twists thrown in that I did not see coming, but they worked and I liked where everything was in the end.

This is the authors debut novel and I really enjoyed it. The writing was engaging, pacing was good and I enjoyed the dual 1st person POV.  And as you all know I’m a sucker for well written secondary characters and this book is chalk full of them. From Beau to Liza and even Jess, I really liked them all and wouldn’t have minded spending a lot more time with them.  If you’re looking for a quick read that will have you grinning and probably reaching for a tissue or two, then I’d definitely recommend giving this one a go!

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

As a pro-fisherman, Benson Howell’s days are spent on murky lake water, reeling in largemouth bass and winning first place trophies. At twenty-nine, life is easy and carefree. His only job is to stay in the top rankings during the fishing circuit, and keep the sponsors happy. That is, until he meets hot tempered, fiery haired Danni-Rose in small-town Alabama. He has never backed down from anything too big to reel in.

Danni-Rose has spent the past six years of her life burying her past. When Benson Howell literally plows his boat right into her life, armed with simmering anger, she fights the current pulling her closer to him. With a past she can’t let go of, and the sexy fisherman breaking down all her walls, Danni-Rose does everything she can to break the line connecting her to Benson.

Will Danni-Rose be able to let go of the past? Can Benson change her mind about him? Or will they both miss the catch of a lifetime?

Release Date: February 13th, 2018

North Alabama native, Allison Mullinax, grew up in the small lake town of Guntersville, AL. She discovered the escapism and addiction of writing at an early age. Today she remains a lover of reading, all things outdoors, and spending time with her husband and three daughters.

Comments