***5 ‘Stray-Dog This’ Stars***
1) This is the first time I’ve read anything to do with this world, not the first time I’ve read the author because I’ve gone down the rabbit hole with The Call of Crows & Dragon Kin Series (G.A. Aiken) and loved every second.
2) I know that these books are under the PNR umbrella, but I tend to view them as more UF with some romance.
So with that out of the way….
OMG SO. MUCH. CRAZY. GOODNESS!!
Am I kicking my own ass for not diving into this world when my bookwhorebestie told me to?
Yes.
But, I’m all about making more room in my comfy little rabbit hole for this world.
I adored Berg and Charlie. It was hard not to adore them. While they have different boiling/I’m going to lose my shit points, they’re amazingly calm and logical and when it comes to their siblings they are all in. They will do anything for them, even if it means giving them a good smack upside the head...or more (it’s all situational and the recipients of such treatment typically deserve it), but they just flowed well with each other and worked in the end.
But what I really enjoed were the characters as a whole. They are all so unique with their own quirks and psychosis’ that the need to get to know them better and see what they do next becomes an addiction because you KNOW something else will happen, it’s just a matter of when. There are many OTT moments that had me not only laughing out loud (and sometimes snort/laughing) but rolling my eyes because there was just no way to stop it from happening.
A lot went down in this one and as only one situation was resolved there is much more to come from the honey badgers and I for one cannot wait to see how everything unfolds. I loved Mia and Stevie, Charlie’s sisters, and am quite curious to see who will be ‘man’ enough to take on these two, as well as how they deal with those they call family and friends!
~ Copy provided from the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
It’s not every day that a beautiful naked woman falls out of the sky and lands face-first on grizzly shifter Berg Dunn’s hotel balcony. Definitely they don’t usually hop up and demand his best gun. Berg gives the lady a grizzly-sized t-shirt and his cell phone, too, just on style points. And then she’s gone, taking his XXXL heart with her. By the time he figures out she’s a honey badger shifter, it’s too late.
Honey badgers are survivors. Brutal, vicious, ill-tempered survivors. Or maybe Charlie Taylor-MacKilligan is just pissed that her useless father is trying to get them all killed again, and won’t even tell her how. Protecting her little sisters has always been her job, and she’s not about to let some pesky giant grizzly protection specialist with a network of every shifter in Manhattan get in her way.
Wait. He’s trying to help? Why would he want to do that? He’s cute enough that she just might let him tag along—that is, if he can keep up . . .
Release Date: March 27th, 2018
Originally from Long Island, New York, Shelly Laurenston has resigned herself to West Coast living which involves healthy food, mostly sunny days, and lots of guys not wearing shirts when they really should be. Shelly Laurenston is also The New York Times Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, creator of the Dragon Kin series. For more info on G.A.'s dangerously and arrogantly sexy dragons, check out her website at www.gaaiken.com.





Comments
Post a Comment