Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Licks by Kelly Siskind ~**~



***5 ‘Floating Bubbles’ Stars***

I almost didn’t give Licks a go...almost.

And you really can’t blame me after reading the prologue at the end of Stud...because WHOA..I mean,I cringed.

So for a second there I was like, I’ll just pass on this one.

Then I did a mental Gibbs smack on myself and reminded my overthinking Libra brain that I am a fangirl of the authors AND it would be foolish to not finish the series out.

And I’m happy I listened to myself post Gibbs smack because I couldn’t put Licks down. I didn’t re-read the prologue ~ but from the first chapter I was hooked. I thoroughly enjoyed being apart of Gwen and August’s emotional roller coaster of a ride to their HEA and loved where they were at when everything was said and done.

Ahh Gwen and August. These two killed me ~ in a good way. Gwen is sassy, snarky and tells it like it is. She has her demons, though, and has had to work hard to find the happy in her life, but she’s done it.  August is that guy who excels at anything he puts his mind to and even those things that he doesn’t. He’s charismatic, determined and intense.

Their journey to their HEA wasn’t easy, but it also wasn’t AS angsty as I thought it would be considering what happened the night their friendship was shattered. Oh, there was angsty-ness, but it wasn’t OTT. It really was about two people learning to forgive and move forward. It wasn’t easy and while that night was a huge sinkhole, there were a lot of other issues they had to tackle, but through the process they found that the thread that had always connected them was still there, it was a little frayed but stronger than either would have thought possible.

I have to say that the twists and turns in the search for Gwen’s father were very well done and kept me on my toes. And though there is a part of me that wanted a little more out of it, I can’t say I am disappointed in how it all played out in the end.

And, as always,I loved catching up with Rachel, Jimmy, Ainsley and Owen as well as Emmett and Cameron, seeing how they were all doing, as well as how they were all connected was a lot of fun.

In the end Licks was a great read. It had a lot of heart and the mix of smexy, humor and drama was well balanced throughout the book. So, if you’re looking for a good second chance romance, pick this one up!

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~




36 hours is a short spell when racing the clock.
2,160 minutes is an eternity for old friends to fall in love…


August Cruz is the only man I’ve ever loved.
He’s the one who got away.
He’s the one I totally screwed over.


Now he’s standing on my doorstep, nine years later, but he’s not the only thing that turns up. My mother’s lost diary is in my hands, and it might lead me to my father. A possibility I wished for one year ago, at my last birthday.


I have 36 hours to fulfill that wish.
I have 36 hours to drag August on a wild scavenger hunt.
I have 36 hours to protect my heart before I lose him again...because there's something he's not telling me.


LICKS is a full-length, standalone Sexy Second Chance Romance with a swoony Happily Ever After
.

Release Date: April 4th, 2018
Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * CA


Amazon US * UK 
Free in Kindle Unlimited 


A small-town girl at heart, Kelly Siskind moved from the city to open a cheese shop with her husband in Northern Ontario, Canada.  When she’s not neck deep in cheese or out hiking, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head.
She laughs at her own jokes and has been known to eat her feelings—Gummy Bears heal all.  She’s also an incurable romantic, devouring romance novels into the wee hours of the morning.


Comments