Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Ambivalent by Stefanie G. Torres ~**~


***3.5 Stars***

It’s ironic how the title of this book describes exactly how I feel about this book, Ambivalent. There are some aspects that I really enjoyed and kept me turning the pages, while there were others that left me wanting. But, overall, I enjoyed this romantic suspense debut novel and will be keeping an eye out for future works by the author.

It’s hard to decide just where to begin, but this time around I say let’s start with the mystery/suspense aspect of the story. I really liked how the mystery surrounding Dr. Kean Bennett was presented and played out throughout the book. It kept me on my toes and when everything was revealed, it all made perfect sense ~ even if the sense was a little cray cray.

Now for the romance aspect. While the smexy between Ciaran and Kean was hot, I just felt like something was missing. It was like I was waiting for that moment where I would be shown, beyond a shadow of a doubt that they belonged together never came to fruition, at least not for me. I will admit that part of the reason I feel this way is because I didn’t fall in love with Ciaran and Kean, I liked them and I understood where they were both coming from with how they looked at the world and why they chose to do what they did, but even then I had issues with some of their actions and reactions and that left me in a weird sort of mixed bag of feelings when it came to them.

While there is a part of me that wishes the romance gave me more of a gut punch than it it, there is no denying that I thoroughly enjoyed the suspense side of the story and that it kept me turning the pages to see how everything ended up.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


I had a job to do.
An assignment I had been hoping for.

To anyone else it might have appeared easy.

Interview the well-known plastic surgeon, Dr. Kean Bennett.

Determined to succeed, I powered right into it.

Except the man hated the media with an inexplainable passion.
And he despised me for being another annoying journalist chasing a story.
His story.

That’s when I screwed up.
I gave the surgeon the power to destroy me.
Complete obliteration.

I’ve always believed there could be good hiding in the darkness, but maybe I was mistaken.

My problem?
I came to that conclusion much too late.
I had already risked my life to get what I wanted.

Release Date: April 5th, 2018
(Free in Kindle Unlimited)


Chicky Poo Books aka Stefanie G. Torres can often be found downing numerous cups of coffee, stumbling into the oddest situations nice normal people tend to avoid, writing, or refusing to speak to anyone because she is too busy reading (romance is her favorite genre but she is pretty much open to anything). On occasion she attempts to rescue animals whether they need to be rescued or not.

She has always had a deep admiration for authors because she believes they are true superheroes who have the ability to use their writing powers to influence the world.

Comments