***4 ‘Hopeful Possibility’ Stars***
There is so much going on it kinda made my head spin. There is obviously the romance between Ashland and Fanny, then there are the issues Ash and Fanny have going on outside of that (though to be honest they do merge, but still) and then there are the various relationships Ash has with the people in his life and how they all converge and become involved in the crazy that Ash and Fanny are involved in. In a lot of ways it was exhausting emotionally, and even mentally trying to keep up and yet the feels were potent and I kept turning the pages to find out what would happen next.
I really liked Fanny and while she could be impetuous, she still had a plan. That plan may have been simply getting from point A to point B and not really thinking beyond that, but her heart was always in the right place. Strong, resilient and once she called you hers, she was all in.
Ashland. This man is complex. On one hand he will go to the ends of the Earth for those he claims as his. On the other, he keeps a large portion of himself locked away from those same people. He craves control and has a way of gaining it without you being aware of it ~ at least if you aren’t paying attention. I liked him a lot, but the need to Gibbs smack him while giving him a big a hug was strong.
The funny thing about Fanny and Ash’s journey to their HEA was that while there was a lot of push/pull going on between them, for many reasons, the angsty-ness never reached OTT level for me. It was there, and I had a few growly moments with both of them, but overall I really enjoyed watching them become more because from their first meeting the connection, the pull between them was real and they ended up being exactly what the other never knew they wanted, or needed.
Confession time ~ this is only the second book by the author I’ve read and the first book was Rock F*ck Club, so I went into this one blind. I did have the opportunity to at least read the first two in the series, which I was very grateful for, but at the time there just wasn’t any time. Do I feel as I should have read them? Yes and no. The ties the bind Ash to his friends are complex and there were some undercurrents that I’d have understood better if I had read the first two. But I have to admit that I liked going in blind and meeting Ash for the first time (sort of) and learning about him in the here and now. But, I loved the Dirt Dogs and their women and will do my best to meet them properly by reading the first two books *crossing toes it happens before the next decade*
I really enjoyed Oceanside. There is a lot going on and the author does tackle some heavy issues, which I found quite refreshing, and thought she did it with respect and compassion. So, if you love rock star romances with well written characters then this is a must read for you!
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
Oscar night.
Rock star legend, Ashland Keys should be on top of the world, but the blond blue-eyed SoCal surfer is disillusioned with fame, done with drugs, bored with the groupies and sick of all the fake f*ckery.
A rising star, Fanny Bay is nominated for best original song in the same category as the Dirt Dogs band, but the novel redhead with the corkscrew curls and the slight Canadian accent would prefer to chart a course with a different destination.
Hollywood is not for her.
He’s full of regrets, darkness and secrets.
She’s full of hope and light and has mysteries of her own.
He’s her reserved hero.
She’s his gypsy rose.
He’s water. She’s fire. Together, they don’t make sense.
But he’s what she’s always wanted, and she just might be everything he needs.
Release Date: April 10th, 2018
Rock Stars. Romance. Redemption.
Love Evolution, Love Revolution, and Love Resolution are a BRUTAL STRENGTH centered trilogy, combining the plot underpinnings of Shakespeare with the drama, excitement, and indisputable sexiness of the rock 'n roll industry.
Things take a bit of an edgier, once upon a time turn with the TEMPEST series. These pierced, tatted, and troubled Seattle rockers are young and on the cusp of making it big, but with serious obstacles to overcome that may prevent them from ever getting there.
Rock stars, myths, and legends collide with paranormal romance in a totally mesmerizing way in the MAGIC series.
Catch the perfect wave with irresistible surfers in the ROCK STARS, SURF AND SECOND CHANCES series.
Romance and self-discovery, the FINDING ME series is a Tempest spin off with a more experienced but familiar cast of characters.
When Michelle is not prowling the streets of her Texas town listening to her rock or NOLA funk music much too loud, she is putting her daydreams down on paper or traveling the world with her family and friends, sometimes for real, and sometimes just for pretend.






Comments
Post a Comment