Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Save Me (O’Brien Family #5) by Cecy Robson ~**~


***5 Stars***

I did it again.

Not only did I pick to read a book in series out of order, but it just so happened to be the LAST book in the series, one I’ve wanted to dive into, but never had the time and now that I did, it was the finale.

And before you can think it, Yes, I’m Gibbs smacking myself HARD because I fucking ADORED everything about Save Me.

From Seamus and Allie, to the O’Brien clan as a whole.

I ADORED everything about this book.

I laughed out loud, snorted in amused disbelief and even shed tears because no amount of blinking and willing them to not fall worked.

This book had it all and so much more!

I adored Seamus. The things that come out of this mans mouth had me either blinking in disbelief or cracking up, sometimes both, or swooning because the honesty and sincerity that went along with it was undeniable. He’s simply a good man, who loves his family and the life that he’s living.

Allie, I loved upon meeting her, but there were moments when I wanted so desperately to yell at her to stand up for herself. I understood why she reacted to certain things and people in the way she did, but the frustration was real because the woman I saw was strong, hard working and had such a good heart that I wanted to gut anyone who’d thought it was in their right to bruise and batter it ~ even unintentionally.

I loved and thoroughly enjoyed how Seamus and Allie’s relationship evolved from acquaintances to friends and them more.. It was funny, heartwarming and had a lot of heart. Their bantering had me cracking up and the chemistry between them was a slow burn, but a hot one. What made it all work for me was that they just somehow got each other. They were opposites in a lot of ways, and yet they saw beyond all that and really respected each other for who they were at their very souls.

Even though I did things half ass backwards...well, simply backwards...Save Me can be read as a standalone, but after meeting all of the O’Brien’s and experiencing their special brand of familial love, I will definitely be going back and reading about each of their HEA’s. And though this is my first O’Brien Family read, it isn’t the first of the author’s books I’ve read and as with those, I really enjoyed the writing, pacing and how everything played out with all the characters in the story. There were a couple of twists that I didn’t see coming, but loved the direction it took the story. So, if you’re looking for a well written romance with a cast of crazy, but lovable characters (at least most of them) then this is a definite must read!

~ Copy provided via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~



Three weddings. No date. What’s a hot stud to do when all the women on his speed dial are either serving dinner to their families or serving time?

Out of all the O’Briens, Seamus is the best-looking, most creative, and, did I mention, best-looking? Single at almost forty wasn’t a big deal until every sibling in his large and loud Irish family found “the one.” Now, he’s desperate for a wedding date, one he doesn’t have to worry will make out with the limo driver or rob the bride and groom blind.

Allie Mendes is the good daughter, who’s spent her life living in her perfect sister’s shadow. But when her sister steals the man Allie was supposed to marry, that shadow she’s lived in threatens to swallow her whole. Allie wants to believe a bright future awaits. But when she begs God to save her from this disastrous twist of fate, the last person she expects Him to send her is Seamus O’Brien.

Allie needs a stand-in boyfriend to avoid appearing as lonely as she feels. Seamus needs a decent woman without an ankle bracelet or a rap sheet as long as his muscular arms. The two make a deal to pose as each other’s perfect date. But weddings mean romance and a chance at forever neither had planned.

Release Date: April 25th, 2018



Cecy (pronounced Sessy) Robson is the new adult and contemporary romance author of the Shattered Past series, the O’Brien Family novels and upcoming Carolina Beach novels, as well as the award-winning author of the Weird Girls urban fantasy romance series. A 2016 double nominated RITA® finalist for Once Pure and Once Kissed, Cecy is a recovering Jersey girl living in the South who enjoys carbs way too much, and exercise way too little. Gifted and cursed with an overactive imagination, you can typically find her on her laptop silencing the yappy characters in her head by telling their stories.

Comments