Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Say You Won’t Let Go (Return to Me #3.5/Lexi Blake Masters and Mercenaries Collection) by Corinne Michaels ~**~


***3 Stars***

When I found out I won a copy of Say You Won’t Let Go, I was really excited because I’ve been wanting to read a Corinne Michaels book, but just never had the time to read one. So, I dove in and while things started off really good, there came that point where it went sideways for me when it came to the romance side of things. Thankfully I was all in when it came to the suspense angle and really enjoyed how that played out.

I liked Emily and Cooper, I did. Cooper is a good man. He cares about his family and is protective of those he considers his. Emily hasn’t had an easy life, but she’s a fighter and is now making her dreams come true. My issue came when they became a “couple”. Things happen quickly in a novella, and this one is no different, but there was just something missing for me. I just didn’t feel going on between them other than lust, but I could deal and roll with it. What got me was Emily herself. She made statements in the beginning and then did a full on 180 on them, IMHO, and that just didn’t work for me and that’s when things went sideways when it came to the romance.

As for the suspense. I thought it was done well and when all the pieces were put together made sense. And then there was Wade (McKay-Taggart bodyguard). I really wish we’d gotten more of him in every way possible, but the bit we did get I really liked and I want more. I really wanted to like this one more than I did, but it is what it is, though I will say that despite the romance not really working for me, I did enjoy the writing as a whole and will be looking into trying out other books by the author.

~ Received in a giveaway & voluntarily reviewed  ~


Emily Young had two goals in her life:

1. Make it big in country music.

2. Get the hell out of Bell Buckle.

She was doing it. She was on her way, until Cooper Townsend landed backstage at her show in Dallas.

This gorgeous, rugged, man of few words was one cowboy she couldn’t afford to let distract her. But with his slow smile and rough hands, she just couldn’t keep away.

With outside forces conspiring against them, Cooper hires the McKay-Taggart team to protect her. Emily refuses to let Cooper get hurt because of her. All she wants is to hold onto him, but she knows the right thing to do is to let go . . .

Release Date: April 10th, 2018


New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestseller Corinne Michaels is the author of nine romance novels. She’s an emotional, witty, sarcastic, and fun loving mom of two beautiful children. Corinne is happily married to the man of her dreams and is a former Navy wife.

After spending months away from her husband while he was deployed, reading and writing was her escape from the loneliness. She enjoys putting her characters through intense heartbreak and finding a way to heal them through their struggles. Her stories are chock full of emotion, humor, and unrelenting love.

Comments