He’s playing for the heart she’s had sidelined for years.
IVY HAYES
Dating can be a rocky journey. Once the new shine wears off, you may end up with a case of buyer’s remorse.
That’s where I come in. I set the backdrop and coach you through the breakup.
Don't want overblown drama, hard feelings, or a drink tossed in your face? Then I'm your fairy godmother, child.
BECKET JONES
As an NFL quarterback, endorsement ads and the media pandering after me are all part of the game.
Ivy Hayes is the first woman who doesn't care about my money and the notoriety that goes along with it.
But I'm a long-term guy, and she operates strictly in the now. Which means I need to bring my A-game.
Otherwise, I’ll end up getting ditched.
Release Date: April 3rd, 2018
***5 ‘#TeamBeckett /Only Love’Stars***
This book was filled with all kinds of goodness. It was fun, sweet and smexy and I swear my cheeks are hurting from the dopey smile I KNOW I had plastered to my face the entire time I was reading because there is some serious swoon worthy heart twitterpating moments that go on in this book. There was also a good dose of heartstring pulling aka making my eyes do that watery thing moments as well as a few growl inducing ones, but as they were mixed in with everything else they only served to keep me turning the pages and wanting more when everything was said and done.
OMG Beckett! Seriously this man makes me all swoony and twitterpated while making my ovaries explode. No joke. He is practically perfect and is full on book boyfriend material. I could say more, but you just need to experience him.
Ivy. This woman. The walls around her heart are high and wide, and despite not knowing the full story as to why she’d built them so high, I hurt for her believing that she had to keep her heart on lockdown. But even with that in play, it didn’t make her cold ~ in fact she was warm, sassy, funny, snarky and determined.
Beckett and Ivy’s journey starts off on a somewhat unconventional foot and continues that way as they get to know each other and Beckett somehow finds that one crack in Ivy’s walls, gets under her skin and burrows his way into her world. I loved their bantering, flirting and the sexual chemistry between them was hot! There are some interesting twists and turns in their journey, some expected, others surprising, but I loved where they ended up after all the smoke cleared.
I pretty much devoured Ditched. I loved the premise behind ‘Ditched’ and how it started. The secondary characters were so much fun. Tank and Dax cracked me up, and I really hope we’ll see them again in the future, I now NEED to read He Loves Me...Knot and the glimpse of a couple that I knew was awesome. So if you’re looking for a fun, quick read with lots of heart, a couple of interesting plot twists and just enough drama to keep you on your toes then this is a definite must read for you!
~ Copy provided via Give Me Books & voluntarily reviewed ~
RC Boldt currently lives on the southeastern coast of North Carolina, enjoys long walks on the beach, running, reading, people watching, and singing karaoke. If you're in the mood for some killer homemade mojitos, can't recall the lyrics to a particular 80's song, or just need to hang around a nonconformist who will do almost anything for a laugh, she's your girl.










Comments
Post a Comment