***4 ‘Chemistry Trumps Compatibility’ Stars***
No THAT was definitely an interesting way to start things off with Rian and Pierce, but it definitely hooked me and had me needing to see how everything played out for Rian and Pierce, and let me tell you there was a lot of feels going on with this one. From eye rolling to swooning to a few sniffles and some smexy and awkward moments, I Flipping Love You had everything I love in a romcom and more.
Rian, I loved this girl, I did, but damn did she carry a lot of baggage on her shoulders. Not that I could blame her. The rug was pulled out from underneath her and the fallout was harsh. But she’s a fighter and she definitely pulled herself up and put on her shit kickers. She’s sassy, snarky and has a tendency to react and speak before truly thinking things through, but her loyalty and her golden heart balanced things out...most of the time.
Pierce was a lot of fun, even if there were moments where I wanted to Gibbs smack him. Tall, dark, handsome, tenacious but definitely NOT silent, the man had all the hallmarks of good alpha AF with a sweet side that only served to make me love him, hard.
As I said, Rian and Pierce’s first...collision was definitely an interesting one, but it set the tone for their journey to the HEA and boy was it a ride. A lot of push and pull going on with a heavy dose of wariness that made things a little frustrating, but tended to be forgotten once the chemistry between them bubbled over. I loved their bantering and the flow they had, at least when the walls came down. The bumps in their road weren’t all that unexpected, but they definitely had their moments, but I loved how everything worked out for them in the end.
This was a fun read with a lot of heart and heat. The writing was engaging, the pacing was good and I enjoyed the dual 1st person POV. This one can be read as a standalone, but it will be more fun if you read the first two books as you will spend a little time with at least one of the couples. As for the supporting cast of characters, Lawson and Marley definitely added a lot of depth to the story and I’m crossing my toes that they get their own book, or books, in the future!
~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
A new kind of love story about flipping houses, taking risks, and landing that special someone who’s move-in ready…
SHE’S GOT CURB APPEAL
Rian Sutter grew up with the finer things in life. Spending summers in The Hamptons was a normal occurrence for her until her parents lost everything years ago. Now Rian and her sister are getting their life, and finances, back on track through real estate. Not only do they buy and sell houses to the rich and famous, but they finally have the capital to flip their very own beachfront property. But when she inadvertently catches the attention of a sexy stranger who snaps up every house from under her, all bets are off…
HE’S A FIXER UPPER
Pierce Whitfield doesn’t normally demo kitchens, install drywall, or tear apart a beautiful woman’s dreams. He’s just a down-on-his-luck lawyer who needed a break from the city and agreed to help his brother work on a few homes in the Hamptons. When he first meets Rian, the attraction is undeniable. But when they start competing for the same pieces of prime real estate, the early sparks turn into full-blown fireworks. Can these passionate rivals turn up the heat on their budding romance—without burning down the house?
I FLIPPING LOVE YOU, set in the Shacking Up world, follows two people, both working in real estate, who find themselves vying for the same properties in the Hamptons, leading to a sometimes-not-so-friendly competition.
Release Date: May 29th, 2018
NTY and USA Today Bestselling author of The PUCKED Series, Helena Hunting lives outside of Toronto with her amazing family and her two awesome cats, who think the best place to sleep is her keyboard. Helena writes everything from contemporary romance to romance comedy, sports romance and angsty new adult romance.






Comments
Post a Comment